Hide record entries - Recommended feature (for Avernum 6 HD Ipad)

Eol

Just got Avernum 6 HD for the Ipad and one feature I would love, given the limited screen pace and annoying scrolling, is the ability to hide entries in "your records" even though they remain active. Thinking mostly for those quests you don't care about ("Donating Meal" for example) or ones that don't clear for some reason (you messed up the objective, killed somebody before you were suppose to, etc) ... example here is "Message in Almaria" which never seems to clear from "Your Records" even after you complete it. Also some could use either some additional info or multiple sub-items such as: "Corrupted Mushrooms" (how many of the four did I get and where from?) or items like "collect X hides" .. well how many hides do I currently have? (as they don't show up in the inventory)

Yes I can track all this with pen and paper or google but still annoying for self contained tablet game.

example here is "Message in Almaria" which never seems to clear from "Your Records" even after you complete it.

It's definitely possible to resolve that quest and remove it from your list. Maybe you have to go back to the person who gave you the quest and report its completion?

items like "collect X hides" .. well how many hides do I currently have? (as they don't show up in the inventory)

They show up in your special items inventory, which you can get to from your quest log.

Collection quest items that aren't in regular inventory are listed in special items. This should be a heading on the quest list page.

No one likes the quest list, but the first game didn't even come with one so you had to write them all down yourself. Removing quests that can't be finished has gotten better.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Quests will remove it otherwise. :)

Edited by Randomizer
sniped by Lilith.

nowadays playing Avernum 1 would mean that when player gets quest he/she saves game (or uses windows-button (or macs equivalent) to get back on desktop) and closes game and writes quest givers name and what that person wants to notepad and starts playing again and when completes it removes that entry from txt-file (after doing same procedures as did earlier).