Asking help on picking scenarios

Thralni

I would like to play some of the BoE scenarios. So far I downloaded Of Alcritas: Tomorrow, an apology, falling stars, redemtion, of good and evil. Of TM the inn of blades and bandits, and the four chicken plague scenarios of "brave sir Robin." I also dowloaded the northen kingdom prologuw od kelandon. i have been dying to know what that is, for a long time now.

I would like advice on which scenarios to play. I espacially would like to play history of Avernum related scenarios, in which certain things about monsters, mages and the like are explained.

I already thought of playing one of the easy scenarios of Alcritas, followed by the chicken plague scenarios.

EDIT: now wait a sec... I understand how to add the scenarios at BoA, but how exactly do I do that in BoE? Should I just drag out all important files (.exs and .meg files) and drop them in the exile scenarios folder? And how do I make a .meg file when its not included with the scenario? Just dump the whole graphic, with all small icons in it, in one resource file?

You but the .exs file in your Bladscen folder along with the .bmp file (for Windows) or .meg (for Mac). The when you get into BoE and click "Custom Scenario", it should come up.

As for what scenario to start with, it depends on what you like. For large scenarios that take forever to play, try Adventurer's Club or At the Gallows. Alcritas's scenarios are indeed good. The Chicken Plague, well, you might find it enjoyable.

You can go here , where you'll find a list of all the BoE scenarios listed by ranking, and clicking on one will bring up the review thread.

Basically, just pick something and play it. It's not going to kill you if you don't play them in a certain order.

Quote:
Originally written by Pokemon:
TM's - Echoes: Assualt, scenario is an excellent pick.
I enjoyed it from begining to end, a worthy scenario to any BoE player!
smile
Did you understand what was going on, then? If you did, please explain it to me. Please. :p

Don't get me wrong, the combat was very fun.
But I barely could grasp the "finishing" ending, let alone the "winning" ending with someone who is my enemy but also Katothen being the same as someone who killed a guy talking about a guy spouting bilbical references, who then summoned something to kill me that didn't actually exist. I was then told about this by a person that also doesn't exist, who is looking for "The Evidence" and is an enemy of Karl Gottfried, who said he was going to explain everything but just mumbled vaguely and ended the scenario.(/rant)

Quote:
Originally written by WonkoTheSane:
Quote:
Originally written by Pokemon:
TM's - Echoes: Assualt, scenario is an excellent pick.
I enjoyed it from begining to end, a worthy scenario to any BoE player!
smile
Did you understand what was going on, then? If you did, please explain it to me. Please. :p

Don't get me wrong, the combat was very fun.
But I barely could grasp the "finishing" ending, let alone the "winning" ending with someone who is my enemy but also Katothen being the same as someone who killed a guy talking about a guy spouting bilbical references, who then summoned something to kill me that didn't actually exist. I was then told about this by a person that also doesn't exist, who is looking for "The Evidence" and is an enemy of Karl Gottfried, who said he was going to explain everything but just mumbled vaguely and ended the scenario.(/rant)
Basically, the whole Echoes plotline runs like this: TM hates everybody, he tries to personify everybody in his scenarios (even though we don't see it), so that he can kill everybody. And then he goes on an acid trip, and wakes up to find that his scenario has been injected with a lot of philisophical babble that shouldn't even be in scenarios.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're after something uber-simple, try The Foolish Giant . Guaranteed to be one of ten easiest scenarios you'll ever play, ranked up there with Nine Variations on Point B, etc.

By the way, be warned that most of the high-ranking scenarios on CSR have combat that's very difficult for beginners. I'm very proud of my scenario, Roots , but it might make your eyes bleed if you try to play it.

Also note that most of the high-ranking scenarios have little or nothing to do with the plotline of the Exile series.

For a scenario that is Exile-related and isn't too difficult, you might want to try "Spears", by Stareye. It's set in the same world as "At the Gallows" (also by Stareye), but you don't need to have played AtG to understand Spears, and AtG is considerably harder.

I've not played many of the scenarios but now that I'm back into my Exile kick, I WANT TO PLAY THEM ALL!! *crazed look* One of my favorites (and probably no one elses') is the game "Election." Not sure why, but that one always had a spot in my heart.

Also, "Tatterdemallion" is worth a look, though I don't remember the level range. The programming in that game is incredible, especially if you have attempted to do something like it in the editor and have failed miserably. If I remember correctly, it also won a Scenario Design Contest. (The first one, I think. It really has been a long time.)

Quote:
Originally written by Ash... by Nathan Thralni:
Okay, if you say so. is there some interesting plot, or is it just good for real beginners?
I got the plot from s children's storybook. It's different from basic plots such as "I'm the king, my sword was stolen, if you get it back, you can keep it and I'll give you some extra treasure" or "Oh holy crap! There's ogres terrorizing the valley! Help us and we'll give you some treasure!" It's more interesting, but also simple.

And it's still good for beginners.

So, in answer to your question…yes.