A6--Find Asterios/Oculus Cult problem

Thycavivor

Several hours of gameplay ago, my party stumbled into the lower tunnels of the Eastern Gallery and it took a while to fight our way back to the top. We came upon the Oculus Cult, who attacked us, so we wiped them out.

Now I have the "Find Asterios" quest. I talked to the cranky Cotra commander and I'm back down in the tunnels. The blood trail has petered out. There's a locked door I can't open and it's otherwise totally empty. I've read on here that there's supposed to be a gazer and a key in a blue box. I found an empty blue box with velvet but no gazer or key.

So, um, did Asterios go for a mani/pedi or something? Is this a bug? Or am I still missing a quest?

I found a walkthrough here, in case that helps, but I don't know if that's you're problem.

It sounds like you found the Occulus cult area all right...no idea why the Eye didn't show up though. I'm pretty sure you need the key to get to the area where Asterios is.

It can't hurt to do the usual things: double-check your quest log, go back and make sure you've fully explored the area, etc.

If that doesn't help, I don't know what else to say. Sorry. It may be a glitch of some kind, in which perhaps someone with more technical know-how will respond with suggestions.