Sign in to follow this  
Wizard Orcasus

A4 Editor? pls?

Hi guys,I have been playing Avernum 4 but I would really like an editor for it. I can change any script becuase I don't have

the administrator permision ( I don't know what thats means lol ) so if you guys have a program with the A4 Editor pls post it so I can use it. :)

I tried to extract the files to A4 folder but it was denied so that why I need help with that :(

Can you help me?:)

I had read the "readme' thing but still I can't change anything of the game pls help :(

I tried to extract the files to A4 folder but it was denied so that why I need help with that :(

Can you help me? :)

I had read the "readme' thing but still I can't change anything of the game pls help :(

It sounds like your user account isn't allowed to mess around with the files you have to mess around with to make the editor work. You may have to ask your parents, or whoever is in control of the computer you use, to make the necessary changes for you, or to give you permission to do so.

I'm the onwner the PC I have permision to those things so pls help me.

I'm using the main acc of this pc I have other ones too should I delete them?

well when I try to change a script or do something with a script it says you need administrator permision how do I make it

stop saying that?

I'm assuming you're using Windows Vista or later, and you installed your games to the Program Files folder. If so, then you needn't worry; starting with Vista, Windows is very paranoid as to what you can and cannot do with anything installed in Progrm Files, so it's just doing what it thinks is its job.

The best workaround I know of, which has been posted elsewhere (mainly in Tech Support), is simple: Create a folder dedicated to your games, either in your root directory, or on another drive on your computer. Then, reinstall all your games to this folder. Life will become much simpler. EDIT: Just make sure you back up any saved games you want to keep, plus all your preference files, just in case they disappear in the process.

I'm pretty sure there's also a preference option hidden away in a control panel somewhere that lifts the protection on the Program Files folder.

Possibly, but I seriously doubt it; remember, this is Windows we're talking about. The only thing I know of that would even come close to this would be at least temporarily disabling the UAC.

This is different to the UAC, I think.

You can modify permissions for each account on a per-folder basis, but I couldn't say if that gets around the Program Files problem because I only have an administrative account.

Thx guys I'm using Windows Vista and yeah my games of spiderweb software are in the program files ill change them from that file later :)

Thank you very much and sorry for the delays my friends I was too busy to post something. :grin:

Oh and I backed up avernum files and and changed the scripts! :)

Now i'm using A4 Editor thx guys for the help! :)

(P.S many Thx to Randomizer and The Mystic you guys were very helpful. :))

Just to prevent further troubles, DO NOT put any Spiderweb Games on Program files. Place them on the desktop, documents or somewhere else. I've also experienced that on BoA editor, about the "error code 11 out of memory".

-----------

-Nightwatcher