The end of the universe as we know it...?

The Loquacious Lord Grimm

Saunders was one of the closest to the heart of the melon meme. Now that she's back now and then maybe she would care to explain. Maybe not, though. You can only keep melons around for so long before they start going bad.

—Alorael, who recommends switching to mangos. They've got a much longer shelf life and are more portable to boot.

Morgan was implicated. Deeply implicated.

I do wonder if the story of Morgan, Alorael, Arctic and the election has ever been told.

LOL!!! Two responses? Be at peace; I was in fact aware of Lt. Sullust, but in a thread relating to Star Wars I couldn't help but draw the connection.

On that subject, I'm fine with the selling of Lucasfilm to Disney. George Lucas wasn't doing anything worthwhile with the property, so why not let someone else (who at least sometimes makes good movies) have a go with it?

It's an ancient meme, rising from the deeps of the meme pool like some primeval leviathan. It rolls ponderously to regard you with one ancient, unblinking eye before sinking silently back into the depths with a soft squelching sound.

—Alorael, who cordially reminds you that A comes before E in his name or he becomes sad. Which A? Both!

Yes, mangos are another fruit-related meme. Kumquats is another, much newer one. But don't despair! Not only will you not be tested on them, but you, too, can create a fruit-related meme. Just avoid apples and bananas, and you will be good to go.

Dikiyoba suggests the pluot. Not only are they gorgeous, they are fun to say as well. Pluot!

I think it's pronounced "aa-LOR-ay-el" like it's a Hebrew name (which it isn't) but I'm not sure. We had a discussion about this years ago I think, but I don't remember for sure if there was any resolution. I still unconsciously pronounce it "AL-orr-ale" sometimes though, out of habit.

I nominate quince. You know what else is fun to say? Runcible.

Runcible, runcible, runcible!

BONG

I think it's pronounced "aa-LOR-ay-el" like it's a Hebrew name (which it isn't) but I'm not sure. We had a discussion about this years ago I think, but I don't remember for sure if there was any resolution. I still unconsciously pronounce it "AL-orr-ale" sometimes though, out of habit.

I don't pronounce it, as a rule, so you're free to do it however you'd like. But I think the jump to Hebrew is unwarranted. Yes, it's similar to Hebrew-derived names and probably subconsciously derived from such, but those names have made it into English.

First, there's Alor-. Does it begin with a schwa and have secondary emphasis on the -lor-, presumably sounding like the word lore? Or is the emphasis on the first syllable, with either an ah sound or a as in apple? Then there's the -ael.

Raphael suggests Alor-ai-EL, emphasis on the last syllable.

Michael suggests Alor-uhl.

Israel suggests Alor-ale.

Ishmael can be like Israel or a subtly different Alor-ay-el.

Latin suggests that the ae is a dipthong and it's Alor-ile

Old English suggests that's in an ash (æ) and should be the harsh Alor-al, with the al having an a as in the word ash.

Or it could be a modern English ligature and be Alor-eel, with the ae sounding as in encyclopaedia.

—Alorael, who isn't picky. But he'll note that none of those options are Alor-ee-uhl or Alor-ee-ehl. It's not spelled Aloriel!