Treasure chests & other. A6

Hey,

I recently completed the Skribbane Eaters quest and was absolutely surprised when I went to the back room, only to find that there are no items, whatsoever, in any of the chests (I haven't checked one of the chests as it requires tool use 10). This was not the first time in which I was surprised not to find any items in any chest, vase..etc. My players are currently on level 26 and my warrior has had the same two weapons for the past 12 or so levels? Its really getting frustrating!

Moving on, where could I go to to get special potions, ones that require mandrake roots, and where could I go to make a better sword?

Lastly, what does Skribbane actually do?

Appreciate any assistance and advice.

Um, you're saying there are no items in any chests, at all? Because that's the result of a rare bug. It sounds like you've been playing for an age since the bug appeared too, which sucks. :( Unfortunately, there isn't a fix (other than starting over) because the error is in your saved file rather than the game...

The bug is rare, but it has appeared in a few recent Avernum games. That's why you should have a few different saves so you don't start at the beginning.

The most common version is all future containers are empty. A rarer version in Avernum 6 is just for a few zones.

I mean it's probably possible for you to finish the game, if you didn't want to restart. Just don't quote me on it.. :p Normally people mention it straight away and so can go back to an autosave or something.

The tricky bit is that it's a bug that, as far as I know, SW has never had any luck in replicating (hence why it's still there). My advice would be to keep a couple of save games handy so that if disaster does strike, you can just continue from one that isn't messed up.