They Changed It Now It Sucks

keira

Hitting 10,000 posts without a custom title was the reason, yes. And instead Drakey kept adding more levels of post title. But then he moved the goalposts on me so I could never get to Postaroni, Pizzabella!

—Alorael, who has decided that today is the day for a custom title. He's given himself a few daily ones, which may or may not have been noticed, but he's feeling a permanent change coming on. Maybe it'll last out the week!

you still do this!! (the signature thing) Sorry if that's random, but I just returned to this forum after a long absence. One of the things that reminds me of this place is you, with your clever signature quotes. I was excited to see you still do them, haha.

And the UBB collapsed into the void between the worlds

And the survivors escaped to their new home

And so change they had both dreamed of and dreaded had finally come.

And they looked around at each other, and at their new home

And He looked at his new children

And the Lord Greg called out, His voice rippling through time and space

And He summoned the children of old times

And they too could enjoy His splendor.

What would have shaken things up is if you stopped changing your PDN on a daily post basis and went back to the Alorael days of yore. But prophecy says that will only happen when you are tied to the stone table, killed, and rise up three days later to snipe every pedestrian that walks the face of the earth. A business suit and wings will give away your reincarnated state.

What would have shaken things up is if you stopped changing your PDN on a daily post basis and went back to the Alorael days of yore. But prophecy says that will only happen when you are tied to the stone table, killed, and rise up three days later to snipe every pedestrian that walks the face of the earth. A business suit and wings will give away your reincarnated state.

I remember Alorael's PDN being "Dr. Alorael" at one point. That was a sign of things to come, a foreshadowing of the appointed time.

According to an awfully bombastic book I read once, the way to catch a bird that cannot bear to be caged is to become the sky. That line was by far the best thing about the book, and I'm not saying it's all that great a line.

Alorael has just figured out that the way to catch all the hidden supplies of skribbane is to become the cellar.

I know the purity on the streets have gone down since I first picked up my habit. That's not accidental; if I buy out all the orange bottle supplies it only stands to reason that everyone else will have to make do with the unprocessed stuff. And inferior quality, I might add. I do have standards.

—Alorael, who is tempted to add a bear to his avatar now. If only he were actually a qualified artist! He'll also point out that Alorael appears in his PDN regularly, although never as the whole PDN.

I think MS meant "beer", and by "beer" xe actually meant "skribbane".

That's a point. Is skribbane bottled in A6? If not, there's a whole group of people who, never having played Exile, won't know that skribbane was ever purified and stuck into browny-orange bottles.

God, I depend so much on the automatic spell check now, but this is a lesson to correct the habit.

and yeah, i never knew that tidbit about skribbane, it's not there in A6, I just thought Aloreal drunk a lot of bear, oops I mean beer.

I no longer have to aggressively defend my own name and memes. Others do it for me. This must be what that evil overlordship that Dinti's always going on about feels like!

—Alorael, who also isn't much of a Guinness fan. He likes other stouts, but somehow Guinness is just a little too stout for him. Having never tasted gallbladder bile at all, much less from a bear, he has no grounds for comparison.

I almost made a pun on the law of averages. This needs to stop, or at least go to the pun thread.

—Alorael, who doesn't want to have to amend the CoC to ban punning. He'll do it, though, if that's what it takes to stop the epidemic. He'll go to any measures to protect these forums from the plague of bad wordplay.

Jameson Irish whiskey is pretty tasty.

Jameson is probably the best whiskey I've had. I'm not a huge fan of whiskey, although I would still rate Jameson higher than Guinness. (Kind of hard to compare a distilled alcohol to a beer though).

I forgot about Bailey's Irish Cream. I must excuse my own ignorance.

Even though excusing your own ignorance is pretty stupid.

Jameson is probably the best whiskey I've had. I'm not a huge fan of whiskey, although I would still rate Jameson higher than Guinness. (Kind of hard to compare a distilled alcohol to a beer though).

I forgot about Bailey's Irish Cream. I must excuse my own ignorance.

Even though excusing your own ignorance is pretty stupid.

Jameson's is alright, but I prefer scotch to Irish whiskies. That said, it's also cheaper than the nicer single malts I like.

Baileys, being the drink of choice for Old Gregg though, is obviously the best Irish drink though.

it's not that hard to compare them. drink one, then drink the other. then drink the first one again, then drink the second one again. then forget why you were drinking them in the first place, keep drinking anyway and wake up the next morning with no memory of ever wanting to compare them. problem solved

I've only ever had Bailey's Irish Cream once. My family and I were sitting around my grandmother's living room one night, tasting all the old booze in her liquor cabinet to see what, if anything, was still good. Much of it was delicious. We discovered after we had all tried the Bailey's, however, that it was so old it had turned to cheese. We threw that one out. :p

Nowadays I'm on too much medication to drink alcohol, so my favorite beer (out of the two non-alcoholic beers I've tried, the other being O'Doul's, blech) is Kirin 0.00% ABV beer from Japan.

I lament that I can't drink whiskey, having tried Laphroaig once and determining that I could easily acquire a taste for it, but other than that I can get most of the tastes I want from non-alcoholic sources. I'm not a fan of the taste of alcohol in general, nor of the idea of becoming intoxicated, so things like "sparkling wine" and "sparkling cider" (high-quality fruit juice with fizz), rum cake, non-alcoholic beer, non-alcoholic egg nog, etc. suit me just fine. There's just nothing that approximates the taste of whiskey without alcohol. :(

Nowadays I'm on too much medication to drink alcohol, so my favorite beer (out of the two non-alcoholic beers I've tried, the other being O'Doul's, blech) is Kirin 0.00% ABV beer from Japan.

kirin is pretty good as beers go but the idea of non-alcoholic beer is still weird to me

The point is to get the taste without the drugs, obviously. I've been known to twenty cups of strong decaf coffee in one day. My stomach regrets it later, but boy is it tasty. Kirin is also delicious. Beer without alcohol is pretty much just a soft drink, and would you say drinking other soft drinks, say, lemon-lime soda, is pointless? Beside the obvious nutritional aspect, we generally eat and drink various things because they're tasty. Intoxication is equally (hopefully not more) important to some people, but it's not to everyone, and to people like me it's harmful. Beer is very tasty. I don't want to give it up just because I can't get drunk on it.

(Note that I can't drink more than two or three cups of regular coffee in a day without getting sick, for the same reasons I can't drink alcohol.)

There's also the social aspect. Beer and coffee are often consumed in social situations. Since not everyone can or wants to consume alcohol or large amounts of caffeine, non-alcoholic beer and decaffeinated coffee can allow people to participate more naturally in social situations.

I've been known to twenty cups of strong decaf coffee in one day. My stomach regrets it later, but boy is it tasty.

Swish and spit? If it works for wine...

Dikiyoba.