They Changed It Now It Sucks

keira

There are a surprising number of members who went through that process, though by no means all. I think I'm one of them.

Don't flatter yourself. Sometimes the process takes longer than others.

—Alorael, who looked back on his old posts, and he means ancient, and realizes that he's really the same person now as he was then. It's rather demoralizing.

New forums look cool so far. Would love to find somewhere to adjust the amount of posts it shows on one page, but the most imporatnt thing is actually avatars. Must find out size limitations. How else will I know what to make them? It says max size is 200, but that gets shrunk. In profile it's showing 138, but that can be different beside actual posts, so...

Unless there is a forum specific faq somewhere that I've missed where these things are readily spelled out.

ed: aha, okay, yeah, max size for next to posts is 90. That's cool. It's not so bad, because it doesn't stretch smaller images bigger like some sites do.

Edited by In Half Now

—Alorael, who looked back on his old posts, and he means ancient, and realizes that he's really the same person now as he was then. It's rather demoralizing.
I can now complain about this (regarding myself) on two different topics.
So for both of you, this is a bad thing......how? It just means you're just as cool now as then, but with mod powers (though I have no idea how long either of you have been mods). B)

I think it's reasonable to consider the self more seated in neural cells than in skin and guts and bones. Your brain doesn't turn over that fast. (Yes, yes, there's plenty of neural plasticity, synapses change, receptors and neurotransmitters can be up- and down-regulated, as the person reading over my shoulder says. Are you happy now?)

—Alorael, who makes sure to do his thinking with epithelial cells to maintain sufficient plasticity of thinking. He goes by his most superficial gut feelings.

Humm, seems like someone fixed it already, looks like your date is cancelled.

False. I used your account as a lab rat to compare the schemas of members without custom titles to those who do, so as to make sure there wasn't anything strange going on.

Thank you for your service.

Edited by Sylae
in a way, everyone has a custom title, just not very unique ones.

It's disconcerting to have Sylae doing these things instead of Aran. Next thing you know she'll be manufacturing her own bots.

... It occurs to me that the Refuge has grown in influence lately. Perhaps I am too late with my warning. Perhaps I am one of them.

Don't make me SIGTERM you, rogue process.

It's disconcerting to have Sylae doing these things instead of Aran. Next thing you know she'll be manufacturing her own bots.

... It occurs to me that the Refuge has grown in influence lately. Perhaps I am too late with my warning. Perhaps I am one of them.

Perhaps I am. You know I'm a bot. Maybe she built me? :ph34r:

But seriously, it's very relieving not to be the coder on call whenever the boards are on fire or something. Four hooves are better than none, or however that goes. :p

You guys almost make me smile.

Sorry to be on such a downer, but there are a couple of reasons, the second one being that my dog, Missy, has lymphoma and is in serious pain right now. It is too advanced for treatment.

This is a bit before the fact, but it is inevitable.

http://www.hasenjs.byethost33.com/InMemorium/index.html

Rainbow Bridge, etc.

The cat I had had since childhood, KitKat, died April 2, 2010, the very same night my fiancée's adoptive brother, Danny, died from cancer. Although I'm an atheist I consoled myself with the notion that they died together so they could keep each other company on the journey to some sort of pleasant afterlife.

Sometimes I still miss KitKat, but fairly often, when I go to sleep at night, I have wonderful dreams that KitKat has come back to play with me for the night. I treasure these dreams.

I guess what I'm saying is kind of clichéd, but still, if you keep fond memories of your departed loved one, you don't ever really need to lose them.

As I said, I'm an atheist. I don't believe in any afterlife, but I don't discount it either. I live my life as though it is the only one I get, and if there's an afterlife after all I'll worry about it when I'm dead. But if it turns out to be the case, maybe Missy will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Your dog, brought back memories of one of my own, he was not exactly mine, but he used to come to me every morning and evening at a fixed time for food and I really spent some happy moments with him, he used to look almost exactly like yours, unfortunately a mad street dog bit him and he got infected with rabies and had to be put down :( .

But still you have the solace of knowing that they are going to a better place free from pain.

snapback.pngA less presumptuous name., on 31 October 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I just noticed: when you quote a post with a quote in it, the initial quote disappears. IPB doesn't allow for stacked quotes! We can't break pyramids anymore!

You can still do it. You just have to do it manually.

Testing...

This was done by drag-selecting and copying the desired post, and then pasting it into the framework provided by the "quote" button.

edit: and it doesn't quite work the way I'd hoped. Let's try multiquoting the various posts:

I just noticed: when you quote a post with a quote in it, the initial quote disappears. IPB doesn't allow for stacked quotes! We can't break pyramids anymore!

This was done by hitting the "multiquote" button on each of the appropriate quotes, and then a little copy-pasting to nestle appropriately.

The Silent Assassin still hasn't returned from last night's protest at the library.

On the bright side, I haven't gotten any calls from the police or fire departments yet, so I'm not quite in a panic.

This was done by hitting the "multiquote" button on each of the appropriate quotes, and then a little copy-pasting to nestle appropriately.

So yeah, it is possible, but not nearly as easy, nor as much fun. :(

Also, does anyone else get this weird thing where the cursor randomly jumps back several characters when backspacing? I'm using Chrome.

See the previous post for the current Silent Assassinism, or check out our sporadically-updated blog to read his opinion on American Football.

Testing...

This was done by drag-selecting and copying the desired post, and then pasting it into the framework provided by the "quote" button.

edit: and it doesn't quite work the way I'd hoped. Let's try multiquoting the various posts:

I will soon master this technique. I wonder if there is a limit to the size of a quote pyramid.

Testing...

Yupp, if I embed the initial quote another layer deep, it says that I've exceeded the limit and it no longer renders the pyramid.