New Spiderwebs software game

Niko

Originally Posted By: Microsoft lacky
In A5, unlike any game previously, the unlock spell is used to remove the arcane part of the lock while tool use is used to actually force open the lock; they are completely unconnected.

This is actually how locks worked in Blades of Avernum too; locks could be magically sealed, and would need to be opened with Unlock Doors or Dispell Barrier. You'd then still have a required amount of lockpicking needed to open them. The idea (I believe) was that because locks could be made to require obscenely large amounts of Tool Use, the Unlock Doors spell might not be able to keep up being powerful enough. Thus the separation.

Fortunately, I don't recall anybody sucking enough to add magically locked doors into their scenarios; I only recall the 4 pre-packaged ones doing that.

Click to reveal..
The adventurers destroy the three shades and then destroy Rentar-Ihrno, now a crystal soul, as well. Nothing in particular happens to the Abyss. That's canonical, anyway; you can ignore the shades and actually let a repentant Rentar-Ihrno go to face justice at the hands of her people if you want.

—Alorael, who thinks the more interesting part of A4's plot is the Darkside Loyalists, and only because they become central to A5.

What do you mean by 'the meaning'? An allegorical interpretation?

In Avernum 5 you play Empire soldiers hunting a fugitive through Avernum. The game takes place in the frontier regions to the north of the Avernum 4 map.

In Avernum 6 you are Avernum soldiers once again, as Avernum faces war with the Sliths, famine, and disaster.

Originally Posted By: Niko
In avernum 4, were the vanhatai good or evil?

Click to reveal..
Rentar-Ihrno was a Vahnatai, and she wanted to take revenge on Avernum for not letting her take revenge on the Empire, so I guess it'd be fair to call her evil. But most of the other Vahnatai weren't on her side, and some tried to help you stop her.

What I would like would be First person action 3d game
from the world of avernum!

I can even think it now...

It would have the lore, world, characters, story and adventure!!

xD

Somehow the discussion always comes to the point of someone wanting Avernum to be more like Oblivion (graphic wise), well, it's not, and I sincerely hope it will never be.

Originally Posted By: The Fifth of November
Unfortunately, there might be no Avernum 7... Jeff will prioritize the Avadon series more...
--------------
-A

I spoke with Jeff yesterday and he said if there ever is an Avernum 7, it will likely be a prequel and will be done after the remakes and Avadon trilogy.

"""" Somehow the discussion always comes to the point of someone wanting Avernum to be more like Oblivion (graphic wise), well, it's not, and I sincerely hope it will never be. """"

NO I really dont want avernum to be like Oblivion laugh

... I really care more of the story and adventure of the games,

though it looks great but if it only has graphics I whouldnt play it ever.

If I whould give a new skills for new coming avernum games,

could there be alchemy skill, whould it be good?

If I whould give a new skills for new coming avernum games,

could there be alchemy skill, whould it be good?

Then you should play Exile or the first A trilogy smile they had alchemy in a grand way smile (You needed to buy recipes from other alchemist and gather herbs, then you press a button and presto you have a potion or a poison you can add to your weapon)

Older Avernum games did have a potion-making skill, where you made potions yourself from herbs. The problem is that it basically made you choose between having one of your characters sink a whole lot of skill points into potion making, or not being able to make potions. In more recent games, you can just get other characters to make potions for you instead.

Maces were pretty much strictly worse than edged and pole weapons. They were supposed to be balanced by being more common, but that stopped mattering only a few hours into any particular game.

—Alorael, who recalls the first release of A1 using the Nethergate system of poor, normal, fine, and blessed weapons. It was only in 1.1 that it went back to the Exile system of having equipment rated by material.

I guess I could trie exile series.

Mainly I like from games from the between

like not too good graphics and not too low graphics.

From the between of that...

So I think exile whouldnt be for me,

but because it has good adventure and story I probably whould like it when Im in the game itself when it is in its progress.

Thanks for the idea. I could trie it some day!!!!

You are WRONG, Earth Empires. GRIEVOUSLY WRONG.

Exile's graphics are BEAUTIFUL. Exile's graphics are more like little paintings than your standard sprites. Avernum and Geneforge have more REALISTIC graphics (mostly) which are rendered with 3D modeling software and then flattened, but Exile's are more BEAUTIFUL.

That is the objective truth, also known as my personal opinion.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
(Win9x could be better but XP is more stable)
XP (At least SP3) had a bunch of library changes that caused chaos and anarchy when trying to run the Exiles, at least when I tried it. Your best bet is to virtualize it, unless you have an old box laying around.

Hopefully at some point Jeff will open-source the Exile's code (if he even still has it) and progress could be made to modernize these games like what has been done with Blades. (It might still be possible without the complete source, there's a bunch of leftover E3 stuff in the BoE code, and most of the remaining probably could be reverse-engineered, who knows)

I've never had any problem in any SP in XP what so ever.

Originally Posted By: The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Exile's graphics are BEAUTIFUL. Exile's graphics are more like little paintings than your standard sprites.\

That is the objective truth, also known as my personal opinion.

I'll second this motion.