Burning Board

Student of Trinity

The boards don't move very often. The upcoming great shift is a rare opportunity to reflect on the past, and accept its destruction, and anticipate the future. Actaeon has suggested that some kind of formal observance would be good. I think it should be something like the Burning Man festival.

So what exactly should we do? My suggestion would be to create exactly one "Burning Board" thread in each of the sub-forums. In each sub-forum, we ask people who regularly read and post in it, or at any rate care about that sub-forum, to take a day or two and think of something fitting to post in the Burning Board. Then everybody makes their one post — no more than one post per user per Burning Board thread. Users could post in the Burning Board threads of as many sub-forums as they want, but only one post per thread.

Optionally, we keep all these Burning Board threads forever, as some sort of memorial to UBB. Alternatively, we deliberately delete them after the move. I'm actually inclined to favor the second option. Fare forward, voyagers. Horseman, pass by.

Any other suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...