Major forum change

adc.

Mostly, I'm just curious as to what part of the Karaethon Cycle he was thinking of posting. Myself, I thought Moridin's comment from A Memory of Light somewhat apt:

“The last days are upon us. In these hours, you will earn your final rewards. If you have grudges, put them behind you. If you have plots, bring them to completion, for this... this is the end.”

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Would that make you the Dragon, Kel?

Uh, no. No, it would not. Unless...
Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Perhaps Kel has three girlfriends who are all cool with that.

There's something sort of funny about that particular number in this context.
Mostly, I'm just curious as to what part of the Karaethon Cycle he was thinking of posting. Myself, I thought Moridin's comment from A Memory of Light somewhat apt:

“The last days are upon us. In these hours, you will earn your final rewards. If you have grudges, put them behind you. If you have plots, bring them to completion, for this... this is the end.”

Ooh, that's a good one. I was thinking of the beginning of TGS, ending with:
Quote:
They rain upon us beneath a dead sky, crushing us with their fury, until as one we beg: "Let it begin!"

Well, between us, we have a quote about endings and a quote about beginnings. If only there was a Wheel of Time quote that talked about both... (/sarcasm)
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Quote:
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

(/sarcasm)

I thought I left a pretty decent clue. tongue

I also like how you omitted the part of that quote that actually talks about beginnings and endings:
Quote:
The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was A beginning

I considered trying to change key words to make it work, but thought of "Avernite Christmas" and got intimidated.

Maybe it means Sylae will host a new game show, Dancing with the Spiderweb Stars, on the new forum? *imagines Slarty and Alorael in a tap-dancing duel*

All this non-happening of the much-touted event is moderately amusing. Sort of reminds me of Holmes's "curious incident of the dog in the night time." Will the fact that nothing has happened so far make this event all the more memorable in the lore of the Spiderweb boards?

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Maybe it means Sylae will host a new game show, Dancing with the Spiderweb Stars, on the new forum? *imagines Slarty and Alorael in a tap-dancing duel*

All this non-happening of the much-touted event is moderately amusing. Sort of reminds me of Holmes's "curious incident of the dog in the night time." Will the fact that nothing has happened so far make this event all the more memorable in the lore of the Spiderweb boards?

You guys crack me up smile

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Maybe it's like one of those movies where the characters realize at the end that they are all dead. The transition actually has happened, and we are left here ... waiting ... for Godot.

I was going to make a literary joke about the change having already happened, but, as usual, you said it better, SoT.

Originally Posted By: nikki.
Originally Posted By: Triumph
Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
and I was expecting new forums to be running already.

Perhaps the new forums are running...away from us? And we need to chase them?

Now you're trying too hard, Harehunter tongue

You have to run as fast as you can just to stay in place.
If you want to go somewhere else, you have to run faster.

Now, where is that tea party? Alice's hare wants cutting.

Edit: This forum has made me terrified of pronouns. If I use the wrong one, let me know and I will get it right next time.

You can now see gender in profiles, so if you are unsure, you should always check. And if you've checked the profile but still aren't sure, it is okay to politely ask the person what pronouns they prefer.

Dikiyoba.

It's polite to try to get this right, of course, but people don't normally freak out if you do get it wrong. Somebody will let you know for next time, and that's it. I remember I went the longest time being sure that Delicious Vlish was female, because I had mixed up somebody else's post with his in my memory. It happens.

(The fact that Delicious Vlish might really be a vlish, for all I actually know of the being behind the PDN, is irrelevant. He identified here as male, and I screwed that up, but he was cool about it.)