A:EftP - Hardest endgame quest?

I did them in the order Lilith suggests (escape, grah-hoth, hawthorne), although not because I knew the relative difficulties. It's just the order that I did them in the Exile 1, and again in the first Avernum remake. I would agree that Escape is the easiest - I was a couple levels lower than I was for the other two, and still found the fight easier.

I did grah-hoth, hawthorne, escape since that was the order I triggered events in, but I was past lv35 for all of them so the fights were very easy. (just tedious) Hawthorne was hard until I figured I could just use invincible potion. (I had a bunch) Then it was so easy that I thought I did something wrong.

Would have been nice to have done escape first tho, since the fights at that point were too easy and became just annoying to have to whack my way through.

With Hawthorne, I was careful about not running out of magic half way into the castle, but I don't think I had trouble.

I wouldn't say Final Gauntlet battles easy unless chars very rarely miss and do high damage and have high resistances, I get into troubles few times per week in those battles since I use mostly Lightning Spray as area spell and if Cryodrake(s) and 1-2 Eyebeasts are close enuf each others then Divine Fire on them (or if CD's aren't near EBs then Icy Rain) and against DCH I use LS until they get Weakness Curse for longer than 1 round (bit weiird that sometimes LS causes WC on nearly every shot and sometimes very rarely) then I use Fireblast and Divine Fire and after DCH and its pets are dead casters have ~half of spellenergy left.