Will items stay? A4

Trenton.

I have been playing a singleton soldier. My strength lets me carry 135 or so lbs of stuff. Needless to say, I can't carry everything. I've been meaning to use the store room under fort avernum(To the west of the portal, the gated off area, accesible from outside. You need to turn a gate inside to get access from the fort in.) as a store room. I have sufficient monies, since Crystals are plentiful. So I have no need to sell my magical equipment. Like one of my daggers, that gives me +4 endurence. If I set my magical equipment on the ground, or in one of the jars, will they disappear? Using this as a storeroom would be useful to me, so a quick reply will also be useful. Thanks

TrEnToN

Ha, I did the same thing! Left a ton of stuff by the portal in Fort Avernum and just came in and changed out items if necessary. The giant pile of stuff that accumulated there was actually pretty ridiculous. At the very end of the game when I knew I wasn't going to need any of it, I sold it all and was able to buy a couple more spell levels.

Speaking of, I checked back, and it says that the demonslayer for Avernum 4 is in the scree caves. Thats what the search says, I mean. However, I have used a speed potion, and sprinted past all the worms. An invulnerability potion works wonders for not getting hit. Anywho, I checked in all of their caves, and no tunnel or anything. I checked to the north, and there was only a tunnel that had a drake in it. West, there is a bottomless pit. East, there is a river. Does any one know where the demonslayer is in this game?

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I was just wondering is the limit for 200 items in the same area or for the whole level? (i.e. all of underground portal area)? I have loads of stuff stored there but spread out and never noticed anything wrong untill recently I noticed Demonslayer is missing after I replaced it with another sword and thought this might be why.

Ok so now I have a problem, everything I put down in the portal area disappears if I teleport somewhere then come back, the things already there dont go just what I drop now... any idea why this is happening?

It wont be fun playing while being paranoid all the time if my things are gone or still there..

What I do generally is make piles of similar goods, like one for wands, one for scrolls, for herbs and so on, then I keep them in nearby containers, the items are probably disappearing because your piles are too near to each other, try increasing the distance, put some stuff in boxes/tables and so on, that should do it.

do not put items near portal since it can cause troubles, there is enuf space far enough from portal to store things.

Sorry for the late response but I tried dropping Items in the farthest corner away from the portal and on the surface of the fort and basically any random place (very far from portal) and they all disappear when I teleport..

Ive tried earlier saves and things stay where they are... could this mean that I have too many things now? If I sold off somethings would that solve it?

Sorry for the late response but I tried dropping Items in the farthest corner away from the portal and on the surface of the fort and basically any random place (very far from portal) and they all disappear when I teleport..

Ive tried earlier saves and things stay where they are... could this mean that I have too many things now? If I sold off somethings would that solve it?

Probably. Or store some of them in a different map area entirely.

I sold some things and its good now, I might take some more things and move them out somewhere to prevent this happening again but I will probably forget where I put them :p

near pylons is best since then those can be found easily (alot thieves in Avernum but still no1 touches our adventurer's stuffs).