Share savegames

Bewi

Originally Posted By: Bewi

I'm sorry but I did not understand what you said about sanity, I'm not so fluent in english. Was it a joke maybe ?

Partly, though not an offensive one. Its the unofficial forum welcome, given to all new members in reply to their first posts.

The origin of this custom dates back to the old forums and is shrouded in mystery (but then, I'm relatively a newbie myself, so I wouldn't know).

Hi folks,

It is fairly likely that you can get an Android save file to work on a desktop version of Avadon: The Black Fortress, but note that you'll need a rooted device to extract the file in the first place. The save files are located here:

/data/data/com.spidweb.avadon.humble/files/Library/Caches/Spiderweb Software

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I am reporting that the saves are *not* fully compatible. I was able to transfer the Windows saves to Linux and play without any problems, but when copying the Linux saves back to Windows there are behaviours which prevent playing. Although the Linux saves seem to load correctly, I have experienced the following:

1. No dialogue possible with any character - plot cannot advance as a result. Cannot buy/sell goods or talk to anyone

2. Clicking on doors, chests, tomes, etc. opens the inventory screen instead - no doors can be opened

3. Creatures do not respond to the party - combat has only party actions and no enemy actions, as they just sit there not moving.

I'm submitting this to the linux developer list.

I will test android compatibility when possible, but I have not yet loaded the game there.

Regards