• Announcements

• cri du coeur

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cinaeco

Android Savegame Location/Path

22 posts in this topic

Hi, first off, thanks again Spiderweb, for continuing to make Games Worth Playing!

I'm trying to play Avadon on an android tablet to see if I like it more than on a proper computer... but does anyone know where the savegame folder is in Android? have my files ready to transfer, but no idea where to put them.

try looking under apps.database/

at least androd market (now google play) stores game datas under there.

This may requier root access, I'm not sure:

/data/data/com.spidweb.avadon.humble/files/Library/Caches/Spiderweb Software/Avadon Saved Games/

At least on my system.

Hello,

I am pretty sure this needs root access because I have not been able to find that folder on my non rooted tablet.

I'll check when I have access to my tablet.

Extracting save files from the Android version of Avadon: The Black Fortress will definitely require root access on the Android device.

Thanks promethean! Great that you managed to find that... I have certainly not looked in that location. When my tablet is charged up, I shall have a look there.

Hm... as it turns out, the /data folder on my tablet is empty. Oh well. Perhaps I shall contact the android team themselves. Will let know if I get anywhere. If anyone else has different paths, I'd be glad to hear laugh

I think the folder will remain empty until you launch the game on your tablet, possibly until you save a game.

As it turns out, that folder path is definitely the one. I just didn't have root access when I thought I did. All good now!

Is there a way to acess the savegames without root access ? The A500 is too complicated to root and requires a data wipe and I dont want to lose my savegames when I try to access it ...

Originally Posted By: Bewi
Is there a way to acess the savegames without root access ? The A500 is too complicated to root and requires a data wipe and I dont want to lose my savegames when I try to access it ...

i'm interested too smile
i don't wand to root my tablet only for that

There's no way at this time to access the save game folder without root access to your Android device.

I've managed to find save files in data folder (root). Still my problem is how long it takes to make a save. Apportable if you're able to make AutoSave optional I'd be grateful. smile

Artur - Which device are you running Avadon: The Black Fortress on, and which version of Android are you running (also, is it a custom ROM or stock)?

It is Samsung GT-P1000 with 2.3.3 stock rom. I've noticed that the game is making two savegames, autosave and unnamed save for resuming. Autosave doesn't occur that often and is not a problem at all, the second save is made frequently and at the beginning of each combat turn. It's rather annoying and unnecessary, could be an option.

*edit* solved my own problem turns out you have to use android commander to access root from windows.

can someone provide the save games, i had a but all chests are epmty,... and i had to reinstall! i need a save game after i killed the orgers in kwa

Are you telling me that the only way to transfer my save gaves between my old tablet and my new tablet is to violate the terms of service on both of them to root them?

Surely that cannot be the official tech support answer. If it is, thats simply unacceptable.

there are several sync apps which say that those can sync savesgames (move savegames too) so you can try with those, some are free and some cost few bucks.

I have yet to find any that will do it.

Surely I cant be expected to void the warranty on 2 devices just to move the save games from one tablet to another, right?

I mean, this isn't a fruit ninja throwaway game, Ive got about 60 hours sunk into it at this point, it would be a real piece of sh*t if I had to start over.

androidsupport@spiderwebsoftware.com

send email to there and ask.

p.s. not sure if that still works since forum for Android-version got closed.