Luck & Metal while casting Avernum 5

Parakeet

I know that the text in Avernum5 says that "Luck" positively affects everything. I also know in other games the text said it, but the number crunchers proved it did no such thing. Is Luck generally effective or did Our Fearless Programmer fail to change the text?

Also, Natural Mage is supposed to enlarge the amount of heavy armor the Sorcerer can use and I know it does? How much is the limit for that?

Yours, meditating on less inept Character Crafting,

Parakeet ::Signs with a flourish just about the same time a stray goblin sets tail feathers on fire & snickers away)

Jeff is well known for not fixing text errors in the manuals and in game. Luck in Exile did more including allowing you to luck out of death and survive with no health.

Natural mage trait allows for 20% more penalty from heavy armor before you can't cast mage spells.

So that's why I survived a time or 2 in Exile with 0 health. & here I thought I had a malfunction not to be complained about. smile

So I add the original (as I recall in other Avernum games) 5% encumbrance allowed for mages casting upper spells (in some earlier games you had problems only with the multiple victem cold spell & up) to the 20% for Natural Mage talent for a total of 25% encumbrance & still cast with the best of them.

& now we return to our regularly scheduled Labor Day cooking etc....I got busted.

Thanks! Enjoy the day!

Originally Posted By: Parakeet
So that's why I survived a time or 2 in Exile with 0 health. & here I thought I had a malfunction not to be complained about. smile

Do you mean having 0 Health before being hit or after? In the Exile series it's normal to survive being brought to 0 HP by an attack: you only die if you take damage while at 0 HP (and Luck gives you a chance to survive anyway). This behaviour has been changed for more recent games.