A:EftP - Return Dragon Scroll Quest

Hi, I am playing on PC with the STEAM version of the game I have found the dragon scroll. When talking to Koth I never get him to give me the quest, I don't think I do anyway, and I can return the quest to the pile. But nothing ever happens he still acts like it is missing. Please help me what did I not do?????

This is one of those chain of quests where each link must be done to reach the end. You need to have talked to Erika about assassinating Emperor Hawthorne and get the quest to talk to Aydin in the Northern Isles. Aydin gives you a quest to talk to Khoth about the Tower Ritual. Khoth then gives the quest for the stolen Dragon Scroll and will help you after placing the scroll back in the stand is done. Miss any of the earlier quests and you don't get anything from Khoth.

Others have had this problem.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. wait, I think I'm too late with that part. smile

• 1 month later...

Just in case someone runs into the same problem I thought I'd clarify that you can complete this quest even if you do things out of order.

I also returned the scroll before I got the quest from Aiden to speak with Khoth about the wards (thus getting the return scroll quest from Khoth). I had to go back to Aiden, go through the dialogue until I got the quest and then come back to Khoth and do the same thing.

This opened up the correct dialogue and I was able to complete the quest and get him to teach me spells.