The work continues...

Thralni

Hello all,

I realize it's been a few years sicne I stopped coming here. I dropped BoA, m,y scenerios, practically everything related to it, and plunged full force into Flight Simulator. I still do that pretty often, besides working, stuyding and whatnot. But, recently I was reminded of BoA again, and yesterday night I reinstalled BoA and the various scenario creation tools. To my relief and somewhat surprise, all the tools still work on OS 10.7, somethign I had never deemed possible with all the changes Apple made to Mac OS X.

Then I had a heart attack. I had wiped my laptop's drive and reinstalled OS 10.7 afresh, not realizing that apparently my most up-to-date versions of my scenarios were on that computer. Fortunately, I found them somewhat later on a USB stick that was stuck all the way at the back of one of my least used drawers. And so, I can now announce:

Work on HIM: Dual Perceptions will continue!

And with some luck, it might even get finished!

It's nice being back, and I see there are still lots of familiar faces around here. I hope you have all been doing well, and I look forward to productive scenario-creation times and the general kind of chat I remember from these boards.

Thanks for the kind reply guys!

BMA: Yup, although I have no idea how you managed to remember that. Sooo long ago...

Nikki: Glad you like the prospect of me coming back to haunt your dreams :-P

Ishad Nha: I noticed there are actually several versions available. I think I downloaded the latest Niemand version, and it certianly looks different from what I'm used to.

Homage: Oh my god... Ponies... Faaintly-familiar eh? I hope you only heard good things ;-)

Originally Posted By: Thralni
Oh my god... Ponies...

That sums up everyone's thoughts about me in the last year tongue

But yeah, I was w-dueck back when you were around, I mostly knew you from SV before it went under. I go by Sylae now, Homage is my current PDN because she is best pony.

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
I hear these days the Mac Editors are very good indeed, you may notice all the improvements put into them by Niemand and Kel.

They are quite good, but I deserve no credit at all. I just posted ideas and requests and other people implemented them.

Welcome back, Thralni!

I don't know that we've met before, but I wish to welcome you back, and wish you well in your recovery. I remember well that you held a degree of fame in the SW community. I, on the other hand, have been active here for only a short time, but I have gained a reputation that is viewed as more infamous than famous. I'm sure there will be no shortage of comments on that score.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikki: I will smile

Harehunter: Thanks for the welcome back. I indeed don't think we ever met before, so I'm glad to have met you still!

And oh, how time flies. I have been working on HIM3 pretty slowly, because there are all kinds of things that hamper progress, like a vacation to Budapest. The most recent thing I have been doing is turning my written-down-plotline into a diagram. This is necessary to keep the complex sequence of choices the player can make coherent; make sure I don't forget anything.

I will be trying to give the playuer choices that genuinely affect the story and its outcome. This will be time consuming and fifficult to get right, but I will nevertheless try.

Originally Posted By: Thralni
BMA: Yup, although I have no idea how you managed to remember that. Sooo long ago...

I didn't know, I just guessed you're Parus major. I was going over the old Shadowvale forums one day when I saw your I'm-back topic where you said you were a Flight Simulator fan.

I hadn't heard of the HIM series either (must be really long back), but I just downloaded the first part and am going to play it.

I hope you like it, and that the scenario works. Last time I went through it, I found that there was a problem which pretty much made the last level unplayable. I'm not sure right now if the correct version is on my website or not. I think the website version was probably the "good" version, and the one on my hard disk the "bad" one.

But, feel free to try. if things get awfully weird and slow in the last level, you'll know it's the "bad" version.