A Few Initial Questions

Parakeet

I am starting out in Avadon, using an initial walk around & get the commands under my fingers character in the basic dungeon.

The instructions say not to worry if you make errors because you can fix things with a particular trainer at a particular locale. I also read somewhere as I was browsing the boards & help files, that you can't get to various places later in the game. Is that Trainer Leala in the Beraza Woods one of the eventually inaccessibles & if so, at what point does she become unreachable? I ask as I am rather persistant (hard headed) & am quite capable of hitting my head against the stone wall until after I can't access the fix trainer.

Secondly, I understand there are fixes to make the lock picks something other than an exercise in eyestrain & curse words. If one uses one of these fixes so one can see the lock picks, will one still be able to get medals?

Curiously yours,

Parakeet

The major location that becomes inaccessible later in the game is Dhorl Stead. Other locations can be visited until a point near the very end of the game: once you're in the endgame sequence (which begins in Castle Vebeaux, and gives you a direct warning to take care of any unfinished business before you commit to it), you can't return anywhere and can only continue forward until the end of the game.

I don't believe that script edits will affect medals: only using the game's inbuilt cheat code system will do so.

Originally Posted By: JamesMighty
Since when does Dhorl Stead become inacssessable?

Click to reveal..
You can always go there, but after accepting a certain quest on the main plotline, the people there will no longer talk to you. Any quests or purchases have to be done before that point, if you want to do them at all.