Wesnoth Multiplayer Anyone?

keira

Because we haven't had enough new threads recently.

I'm bored, anyone want to do a Battle for Wesnoth multiplater match? Versus, co-op, whatever works for y'all.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? ... Bueller?

Update: I have set up a wesnoth-1.10 server, it's at calref.net port 15000

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What version are you running? I'm pretty sure they use a different server for different versions...I dunno. I'm running 1.10.3.

Ohp, that'll do it. I looked and they do have different servers for different versions.

I'm also looking in to setting up a dedicated server on my VM, so there aren't strange people about. Probably won't be ready tonight, though :|

The game? There's not much of a learning curve, if that's what you mean...

Setting up a server is actually quite simple. yay for debian backports. Should have a server up in a few minutes if y'all want to use that

Wow, I've been out of the loop. Last time I played even the development trunk was on 1.9, and now you've got a stable 1.10.

However, apparently 1.10 is available as a backport in my current distribution.

Edit: I'm in. However, I won't be really in until the weekend.

It takes a while.

I am in Sylaes game, Calref: 15000 or whatever if anyone wants a chalange xD

Me, Sylae, Earles, and The_ratt kicks some ass yesterday. It really is a fun game once you get down to it.

You can always look at the world clock and time zones, anyway, you just made me explode twice.

Anyway, the game is pretty interesting, gonna download it in a few minutes...

-------------

-Yes, yes I did, Nightwatcher

But now I cant play today because my brother and sister are a bunch of girls who wont met me get on the computer because my parents are idiots and don't know anything about how it rakes ten dammed seconds to click the little download button so now I cant download it today.

Interested. Finally got it downloaded, beat the tutorial fairly quickly, and got through the first level of the Heir to the Throne campaign on Normal without too much difficulty. Here's hoping it's light enough on the internet connection that it's doable on Dial-up, and that my natural talent for Wargames in general is enough to put up a good fight.

Archived