Um, this is strange...

Dantius

So I decided to see what all this hype about A:EFTP is and went to download it off Jeff's site. So I grabbed the Windows copy and downloaded it. However, once it finished, as I went to open it, my copy of Norton popped up and said "This file is a security risk and has been removed from your computer" for containing something known as "WS.Reputation.1" that posed an insight network threat.

Now, I don't think Jeff is really building up a company for decades so he can slip viruses and trojans into downloads now that he's hit the big time, so I just want to know if anybody else has gotten something like this or if it's Norton's fault for being overprotective and I can go ahead and run the exe.

Apparently, WS.Reputation.1 is a feature of Norton that analyzes programs based on "many aspects of a file, including file age, file download source, digital signature, and file prevalence" to determine if it may be suspicious. My guess is that it's flagging A:EftP because it is relatively new and is not something a lot of people run on their computers. It should be completely safe to tell Norton to STFU and run the game.