One Hundred Push Ups

Dintiradan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
I have fallen behind. Last week it was pure laziness, this week because I'm actually doing other exercise, like running a 5k after not running for two months.

Keep on pushing at it, even if you fall behind. It's easier to try and keep at it than to try to pick it up later.

Finished day 2, week 4, column 3. Just making a prediction - I don't think I'll stay in column 3 after this week's exhaustion test.

Attempted Week 4, Day 2, Column 2, but crapped out five away from the minimum needed for the final set. And this with my taking long breaks, as I was writing a WoT recap in between.

When I first looked at the program, the gap between Week 4 and 5 seemed really big. I doubt that people usually finish in the seven weeks advertised (but we're still rooting for you, Goldenking!).

The question for me is what do I do next week? Week 4, Column 3 is the likely case, but I wonder what I should do if I qualify for Week 5, Column 1. Less reps, but more sets. Hmm.

I've just finished week 6. That's it for me. I'm just gonna stop right there. Sure I could do more, but I'm fairly proud of myself for the progress I've made so far. I will still keep doing push-ups and other things to keep my body in shape, but as far as pushing myself to go farther...I'm done with that for right now.

Good luck to everyone elseand hope that ya'll can acheive the elusive 100 push-ups!

Post #683 cool

First of all, I completed week 4 on target, though it was definitely still a challenge. That said,

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
Go the distance, Goldenking!

I'm sorry to disappoint. I've been getting headaches from the exercise that make these push-ups miserable. Water and focusing more on breathing haven't seemed to help, so I'm going to try and take it easy by continuing the program on a more long-term basis.

Tried Week 4, Day 1, Column 3. Maxed out at 25 pushups for the final set.

And like pretty much everyone else, I'm considering switching to a more balanced routine. Sit ups (or crunches, more likely) on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays, with pushups continuing on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays. I highly doubt I'll progress any further with this program when I'm exercising six days a week, but even if I do something like four sets of twenty, that's 240 more pushups a week than I was doing a month ago.

(Though running would probably be better for me. It's been pretty hot lately, though...)

• 7 months later...
Hey, this is pretty cool! Wish I'd been around when you guys had started
Yeah, start now, it's not like anyone's completed this ambitious project anyway. :p

This was a crappy week for me, on Wednesday I couldn't finish my second day of situps, and today I couldn't finish my third day of pushups. At least for today it was the final set I had problems with.

I think for next week, I'll try 4 sets of 20, pushups and situps on alternating days, and see how that goes. I can always go back on the program once I've got a bit more strength.