blades users assemble: let's 24hr

tridash

Anyone interested in a 24hr scenario contest sometime over the summer? I find that it's the only way I'm going to release anything again, and it's a way for new designers to release something.

Rules would be pretty much as usual: time period is a week Wednesday-Wednesday. You have a 24-hr block of your choice in that time period in which to make your scenario. (not sure whether block-splitting will be allowed, but if it means more people make something...)

Any week including a weekend (most of them do...) should be fine for me, when's good for people?

(If you're not interested in a 24-hr contest, what would you be interested in?)

Block-splitting last time sucked (Nioca, I'm looking at you :p), but I'd be up for that if splitting was limited (maybe 2 breaks per 24 hours?). We can get the details sorted if people show an interest.

For the record, I'm in. And so should all of you; this is the only way to be taken seriously as a designer. tongue

• 3 weeks later...

*revive*

Well, I'm going to make a 24-hour scenario the weekend after this coming weekend (probably on July 1st). If anyone else would like to join me, I propose that we make it more of a compact than a contest: let's all agree to play each other's scenarios and comment on them. I don't want to go through judging and that garbage. I just want to get a few people to play my scenario and say what they liked and what they didn't (and not give it a damn rating, because that just gets people going in the wrong direction).

I propose the deadline be the following weekend (say, July 8), and you can split your 24 hours into a maximum of 2 blocks, ideally. The point is to finish and make something worthwhile, though, so if you take more time or something, it's not as though I care.

• 2 weeks later...

Status check? I'm hoping that I'll be done with what I'm doing with one more day of all-day work (on Wednesday). I haven't really been following the 24-hour thing at all, just trying to get a quick scenario out.

It's been interesting, given that I started with literally no plan at all when I sat down at the computer.

In case anyone's interested, my failure at a 24-hour scenario is still in progress. I'm about two-thirds done. It's a little larger than LP or Nobody's Heroes, which is why it didn't get done in 24 hours. I starting designing, and the scenario just came out bigger than expected.

Uh, it also makes most sense if you've played Exodus.