Exile 1 2 3 wont install

Azurus

I can not install these games on my computer, I'm using windows 7 however I have no problems with the geneforge games or avernum series.

I get this error:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I have tried compatibility mode of all types, none work. I've tried administrator mode, I've tried to google my problem but got irrelevant results. I have even tried to tolerate the Avernum series but it is no go. (I just cannot stand that style, the original was so much better, tho I do play Avernum 4-6 since they were not in exile)

So any help would be appreciated or maybe a more modern patch to apply to the file but still keep the same activation codes. (I am aware of pirating but I do not want to have to get another code regardless of how much or little hassle it is.)

Thank you in advance and I hope to receive a quick reply.

P.S.

I plan on let's playing this game to get a bigger audience that can still appreciate old school games.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You will probably have to use an emulator like DOSBox to simulate the older operating system.

How would dos-box help? Would I use that to run the installer? I was under the impression it only worked for things like princess maker or x-com.

However I will try this, hopefully it will work.

Thanks for the tips, unfortunatly while I do have an older system I could play these on, I lack the space to set it up and it lacks the power to support proper recording software.

However that response Randomizer gave looks most promising, and I believe I could actually pull it off.