Favorite Charecter?

As alot of you know, one of the greatest things about Nethergate is the superb charecterization. The wide variety of charecter traits and personalities makes this game unique, and those little sprites so loveable. Please, if you wish, post your favorite charecter and where they are. Yes, you can pick sylak's talking skull :p

I would pick the raven at the top of the raven home. He is so cool... just talking to him makes you look up and say "Screw god. This guy is way more powerful and wise!"

Nothing beats Sylak's Talking Skull. It always had amusing quotes, although they did get old rather quickly especially the "Hi! I'm a talking skull!", and he told you where all the Nether Arts spells could be found, which was quite handy. I'm with Alorael too. Pearlblossom was a nice addition. I always presumed that Jeff was going to include her in a quest and just forgot about her, sort of like the puzzle box. The young man in Shadow Valley Fort who's family was killed by Nero was a good addition as well, in my opinion. It helped to add depth and helped to ground it in the time period.

Edit: I'm sorry to be such a nit-picker, but I've been seeing it spelled incorrectly quite frequently on these boards and it's really starting to irk me. "Character" has 2 A's and 1 E. Please try to remember this.

I like the dragon - what's his name - Reptrakos or some such. And Gobbo; what a great guy.

I too find it sad that no one posts here anymore but, alas, by now everything there is to say about Nethergate has been said.

I also find it ironic that Tyranicus corrects Kaemin's spelling, but himself confuses your and you're. What's that they say about people in glass houses?

Yes. Just yes. Nethergate is the best. I mean, the CD came with the exile demo's. That's just awesome. Do the other CD's come with demo's? Im too cheap to find out myself.

PS: We should all just break out our copies of Nethergate and replay it. Only if it's for the period where Jeff is busy on his next game (after the window's version of Avernum 4). It might revitalize this part of the forum a bit.

PSS: My spelling sucks. Get over it.

I think you mean Hathwisa, not Hiawatha.

—Alorael, who now thinks that the frequently requested Nethergate 2 should focus on the New World. The Iroquois Confederacy and the English (or the various colonial powers) have just the right Celtic-Roman interaction, and there's a whole new mythology to explore. (Bloody sacrifices, stone dances, and sidhe are sadly missing, but historical accuracy shouldn't stand in the way of a game!)

If you want a recent average, look in Aran's statistics . If you want an overall average, it's not all that hard to divide my total posts by the time I've been here. As it so happens, both are very close to 7 posts per day.

—Alorael, who should encourage Aran to rank lifetime average posts per day with his other stats. Then there would be less need for short-term spamming and more calculated increases in lifetime spamishness.

Quote:
Originally written by Jame2:
They're all neat. I don't wanna choose. But I kinda like the sidhe woman whose name I forget in the Abandoned Hall at the beginning (and those already mentioned). Jeff got the arrogance factor just right with her.
That would be Dolojan (pronounce Dolohan) I normally wouldn't say how to pronounce it but I seem to remember her introducing herself as Dolojan (pronounced Dolohan)

Speaking of pronunciations, did Jeff bother to point out the pronunciation of sidhe anywhere obvious in the beginning? That's something worth learning for your Celtic mythology.

—Alorael, who would be blue, nekkid, and violent if his language had wholly counterintuitive spellings too. And he speaks English. Hm.

"Shee" is correct, and it's a really obvious pronunciation if you rearrange some letters and remove some other letters.

—Alorael, who replayed the beginning of Nethergate looking for pronunciation guides. He still can't find anything that tells you that sidhe consists of two sounds, neither of which are what you think they are.