Possible Improvements

Nethergate: Resurrection is a good game which could do with a few improvements:

· Customized inventory screen portraits for each PC, these have always been found in the Avernum games.

· Annwn Battlefield automap is all green, unlike the actual terrain.

· Hot keys for spells could be based upon Geneforge, one screen each for Healing, War, Craft, Beast and Spirit. Another command would bring up a list of all known spells, capital letters would be needed to provide enough hot keys.

Quote:
· Hot keys for spells could be based upon Geneforge, one screen each for Healing, War, Craft, Beast and Spirit. Another command would bring up a list of all known spells, capital letters would be needed to provide enough hot keys.
...and adding more menus would improve the game how? I'd say this is really a question of preference because personally I find it much easier when all the spells are under the same menu, each with its own hotkey (and with no capital letter usage required).

Personally my big issue is the AI of the opponents. In previous exile/avernum games particularly the last couple and definitely in blades, opponents took advantage of things that were lying around.

I didn't find it as much in this game, also I found spellcasters didn't resort as much to spellcasting as in previous SW games, but maybe this is a preference I loved the fact in previous games if you didn't want that goblin shaman to hurl a ball of flame at you you'd better close quick smart, where as in this one about half the time (even on torment) they're inclined to try to whack you with a piece of wood.

Personally I think the OP is someone with a fondness for the Geneforge series by the sound of it.

I miss the exile/avernum 4 (which is the only one it seems to have come back in) thing of area spells been a little more dangerous to fire off rather than the targeting spells that pop up in the Avernum/Geneforge series. I also like the fact that both you and your opponents could fire spells around the corner in exile (the tower of magi, exile 3 anyone?).

One thing I'd really like to see changed is when various random events happen that change your stats to have more of them actually labeled in the text display. I mean I have nothing against being told that I feel more energetic than before or that some of that energy rush seems to have stuck with me, but often times I have no idea what just happened to me and I don't know my own stats well enough to just pull up the page and say "oh wow, my intelligence points just went up one." This is especially annoying if I'm trying to compare two different awards, such as do I give the magic stones to Rose Lady to Sameal? If anything other than getting 200 skill points happened I have no idea.