A:EftP - Quest Help Required (Scimitar, Grah-Hoth)

Hello there, long time lurker, first time poster. I have played through the Geneforge series, as well as Avadon The Black Fortress, but I have never played any of the Avernum games until Escape From The Pit came out. I have loved the game so far, but I am having some troubles along the main quest lines. I have searched all of the old posts in this forum section for help on these topics, but I didn't find anything. I apologize beforehand if I missed a thread pertaining to these quests.

The first problem I am having is with joining Scimitar. I went and cleared the Gremlin Caves before I was given the Empire Orb quest (where you need to destroy some communications orb the Empire uses). I have gone back and searched every part of the cave, but I can't find an orb like the one in the Ruined Fort, and so now I can't join Scimitar, or continue any of Erika's quests. Did this quest rely on something happening with the Empire soldiers in the cave to be completed, or am I just blind?

Another problem I have is with Grah-Hoth. The two doors to the infernal realm area of the Abyss won't open no matter what I do or who I talk to. I have talked with Rone through all of his dialogue options after finding his journal, I have talked with Patrick after doing all of his quests, I have talked with Erika, but she says nothing on the topic, I have retrieved the Anathema blade, and I have gone through Grah-Hoth's old fortress and retrieved the Empire symbol from the statue. I keep talking to King Micah and he keeps saying that he has sent people to open the doors, but every time I go and try to get in it keeps telling me the doors are barred.

The final problem I have is with the Message To Elizabeth quest, given by the jerk mage in Fort Emerald. I know this one isn't really important at all, but it really bugs me that I can't find her. I have searched Silvar, the other towns around Silvar, and a huge swathe of the map area, but I can't find her!

Please help me!

To complete the Empire Orb quest you need to use a portal in a hidden room in the northeast part of the Empire base to reach the west part of the zone. Then walk south, pass over the bridge to the orb and destroy it. There is another hidden portal to return.

Grah-Hoth requires you first free him from his prison beyond Skaggarath which is southeast of Erika's Tower. If you have the quest to destroy Grah-Hoth you should be able to get that far.

Elizabeth runs an inn in Cotra.

Welcome to posting on Spiderweb Software. Too bad you lost your sanity before posting. smile