a couple of questions regarding the editor

ixfd64

I have a couple of questions regarding the scenario editor. Some of them may be stupid questions, so please bear with me.

1. Is there a way to change the size of the outdoor area after creating a scenario? For example, someone might create a 3 x 3 area but later want to expand it. I couldn't find any option for doing so.

2. Certain terrain types have a fixed marker regardless of their properties. For example, terrains 82 has a "C" (for cave walkways) that never changes. Are these hard-coded into the game engine?

3. How do I set how much SP an NPC has? I could easily change the HP, but I couldn't find a similar option for SP.

4. For new scenarios, the Brew of Lethe has "(delete)" next to the name. Is there any reason for this peculiarity?

1. I'm pretty sure there is no way you can expand it once you've made it. What I do from preventing that kind of problem is starting with a 10x10 scenario. If I end up needing something longer, I can use nodes etc. to fit my needs.

2. As far I know, they are in fact unchangeable. I couldn't tell you why, though. Those properties are probably permanently linked to the terrain #.(As a side note, I found out that if you change one of the road terrains to, say, a custom road, they don't connect within the game frown )

3. You don't have to worry about SP, the game does it for you.

4. The Brew of Lethe was placed in both #214 and #271. It likely says "(delete)" because there are two of the same item.

Originally Posted By: Sylae
1) I believe the 3D editor can do that, although it may or may not be buggy, so backup before you do it.

There's a 3D editor for BoE? I know there's one for BoA, but I'm not aware of any such editor for BoE. The only BoE editors I know of are the official one and those by Harehunter and Ormus.

Quote:
3. You don't have to worry about SP, the game does it for you.

I see. Do you know how the SP is calculated, though? I imagine it'd likely be a function of the NPC's level, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: ixfd64
I see. Do you know how the SP is calculated, though? I imagine it'd likely be a function of the NPC's level, but I could be wrong.

I don't know how to read/use the code, so I don't know. I speculate it has to do with the NPC's level and spell levels, though.

1) I thought about changing that in my editor, but I couldn't get it to work right. What I did do is add a feature to import outdoor terrain from one scenario file into another, just like towns.

2) The terrain markers for the cave walls, hills, mountains and water are what controls the paint tool when drawing these types of terrain, automatically making adjustments from one terrain number to another as you paint adjacent cells.

3) I don't remember seeing anything to affect that.

4) There was some garbage left behind in the scenario file. I try to keep mine a bit cleaner.

Or, slightly less klunky, version control. I keep all my scenarios in progress in SVN, personally. It's also convenient if I decide to edit my scenarios I haven't touched in a year and am not on a machine with them on it. It's just a co away.

That being said, an in-game undo option would be quite handy, although I only think it'd really work well for editing terrain.