Sign in to follow this  
Lani

A-EftP - Motrax's Hoard and Demonslayer

So I managed to steal Motrax's hoard, but besides feeling awful, nothing happened. I seem to remember him attacking you back in my Exile days. In this game we're still getting on terribly well.

Also, is it just me or is Demonslayer kinda rubbish? I have a dual sword character and both my Ooze Sword and my Radient Shortblade are better, damage-wise on non-demon opponents.

I've heard it's possible to trigger an alarm that makes Motrax hostile if your Tool Use isn't high enough to disarm all the traps.

Demonslayer does nearly double damage to demons and has some decent defensive bonuses. Against demons it's far and away the best weapon you can have, and against other enemies it's still pretty respectable.

And there's no reason you can't switch Demonslayer in and out of use depending on what you're fighting.

The effect is really lessened when you're dual wielding, which most damage oriented swordsmen will, and the power is really undermined by being split between offensive and defensive traits.

Still, as has been said before, it IS the most impressive version of Demonslayer to date - it just still falls short of the franchise defining ultimate weapon the effort, lore, and hype behind it would suggest.

Demonslayer doesn't really get enough hype to be a "franchise defining ultimate weapon." Granted, it gets more hype in-game than any other weapon, but that isn't saying much.

Besides since it's now one-handed unlike the original version you can combine Demonslayer with other powerful swords.