Quick Action Bar?

So .. been playing since Exile first came out - so you'd think I could figure this out Buuuut..

How the heck do you change out your spells and quick action stuff like potions and what not? I feel like such a dunderhead but geh! I can't seem to move them from that spot and stuff is stacking there when I pick them up - I need to split the stack between a few chars.

Do you mean the "quick use" slots?

You hold down a key and click on them. Option, control, alt, or command, depending on your platform.

Also, note that EACH of your characters has their own set of quick use icons. Depending on which character you have highlighted, you will see different options. (That's how you can "split them up.")

Also keep in mind you can always cast any spell, and use any battle discipline, without using those slots.

Yes, I meant the quick use slot. I can't seem to get an item out of there that I didn't mean to put there. I have tried (on Windows) using shift, ctrl, alt, right and left clicking with those and they just will not come out. I've tried simply placing something else over them to swap out but that won't work either.

The spells are easy enough to swap but .. maybe I'm missing something with this quick use. *facepalm*

• 5 years later...
On 21.04.2012 at 3:40 PM, Choins Poice said:

Do you mean the "quick use" slots?

You hold down a key and click on them. Option, control, alt, or command, depending on your platform.

Also, note that EACH of your characters has their own set of quick use icons. Depending on which character you have highlighted, you will see different options. (That's how you can "split them up.")

Also keep in mind you can always cast any spell, and use any battle discipline, without using those slots.

Hi, I'm really sorry to necro this thread, but I've just started playing A:EftP (Windows, Steam version — v1.0.1S), and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign an item to a Quick Use slot. I tried everything I could think of : left- and right-clicking, Ctrl, Alt, Shift… just selecting an item from the Inventory screen and trying to drop it into a slot, as the game instructions seem to tell. Nothing works. Please help

7 minutes ago, Choins Poice said:

Are you dragging items to these slots or to the quick use buttons themselves?

Oh thank you so much ! I had not noticed the slots under the character portraits. Yes, I was trying to drag them to the buttons in the bottom right corner of the main window, the same mistake as EarthAngel, I realise now.