• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have two remarkably stupid questions:-

1. What does the 36 hour phase actually mean?

2.Once I've given the commands I can see two buttons, save and ready, I'm guessing the save is the way to finalise and order whatever I commanded, but what does the ready button do?

EDIT: also, out of the bottom five buttons, what does extend do?, extend the game?

EDIT again: found out the second question.

The 36 hour phase length just means that everyone has 36 hours to enter their orders before the game proceeds to the next turn. However, if everyone hits the Ready button, that means that everyone has entered the orders they want and the game will proceed to the next turn early.

The Draw, Pause, Cancel, Extend, and Concede buttons let players vote to do certain things. If enough players vote, something will happen. If all the players vote Extend, then 12 hours (I think?) are added to the current phase. This is useful if one of the players knows they won't be able to get their orders in on time, they can request an Extend.

It might be worth taking over Nioca if you're new... it's a strong position. Alternatively, perhaps we could make a new, classic game to teach? Everyone would agree to go easy on the new guys?

Edit: I've gone ahead and made one with the most basic settings possible. I encourage anyone trying to get their legs under them to join, and chose a country like Turkey, England, or France. Experienced players are also welcome, but should go with a more difficult country (I chose Italy) and go easy on the new guys for the first two years.

Please, don't join if you don't intend to see it through. I dropped out of the last one, and I intend to make it up to the community.

http://vdiplomacy.ne...hp?gameID=12402

Password: skribbane

There are a fair number of correlations to Risk, but there are some pretty fundamental differences that can trip you up.

I encourage you to check out http://webdiplomacy.net/intro.php.

Wikibooks takes it a bit farther, and if you want to get really analytical about it, you can read the original official rules here.

If, after all that, you're not thoroughly overwhelmed, you can brush up on strategy at The Diplomatic Pouch.

• 6 months later...

Okay I created a game called Merteuil/Spidweb.

The password is webspid.

Phase length is 2 days, and you guys have 2 days to enter the game. I have little idea what I'm doing so if someone could direct me a bit in how to organize this game, I'd appreciate it.

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=125276

What's the difference between vDiplomacy and webDiplomacy anyhow?