Sign in to follow this  
Pig Catapult

A-EftP - Corpse across lava in Bat Cave?

Am I supposed to be able to get to that dude? I can't find any buttons that I haven't already pressed. Am I just missing a switch, or do I have to wait until I have the Orb of Thralni or some other item to get back there?

You can get to the body. I don't remember how, but it should be noted that the only loot you get is an iron spear, 26 coins, and a wand of Carrunos.

I asked Jeff and he said you aren't supposed to be able to get to that body in this version of the game.

I was clearly thinking of the wrong body. tongue

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
I asked Jeff and he said you aren't supposed to be able to get to that body in this version of the game.

I hope that's not the Bat Cave Assassin quest. Never could find that assassin in the bat caves. If it is, then does that mean the quest is broken in this remake?

The Bat Cave Assassin quest is

Click to reveal..
Go to the northwest corner and head south to the large crystals. A door way to a trapdoor will open up if you have the quest and reach the right spot.

Ahhh, thanks Random. I spent over an hour in that empty cave, and thought it was that dead body as well. Honestly been in those caves a dozen times trying to get that quest out of my journal.

Off to those caves again, and this time hopefully for the last time!

The body has been there since Exile 1 it's just no longer accessible. No more walking across laval. smile

Originally Posted By: Pig Catapult
Thanks. It's a load off my mind, now. Gotta wonder how he got there, though. That'd be an interesting story. tongue

Obviously he got carried there by a bat.

He walked across back in E1, but the engine change left him trapped. Worse than that, it also left him unable to starve, so he faced yawning eons of isolation, trapped. The fire-breathing bats that brought death eventually in A1 came as a relief.

—Alorael, who always felt pity for that adventurer. Pity, and a desire to loot the body.