Problem with the game or the settings on my computer! Demo Avernum "escape from the pit"

Millon

Well well...here I have been looking forward to play the new game Avernum " escape from the pit".

Well...everything goes fine, the installation goes good.

The game starts, the music plays but the screen just flickers. I tried to play any other game from Spiderweb but the same thing happens.

I have windows 7.

Any thoughts about what to do?

Which other Spiderweb games did you try to play, but had the same problem (did none of the games work, even the earliest Avernum games)?

Tell us your processor frequency (in Ghz) and the RAM you've got. Are you using a 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?

See your system rating (by pressing windows-key + pause, and click on Windows Experience Index). You'll find your Gaming Graphics subscore (a number from 1 to 7.9).

Its 2.00 Ghz and a 64 bit version of windows. I had before played avernum and geneforge and nothing went wrong. Then my dear husband reinstalled my computer and this happend.

If it could be something with the graphics card that need to be updated. I have an AMD turion X2 Dual core mobile RM-70 graphics card...

The RAM is 4,00 GB so that cant be the problem.

I have experienced screen flickering only when I play games that are beyond my computer's capacity. But that is not the case over here. I have the same configuration as yours approximately but I've not been having any problems, though mine is a 32-bit system.

Originally Posted By: Spiderweb

If you are using 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, it is very important to make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers for your video card. Many video cards are having problems with the new operating system. If the game is crashing or the graphics occasionally look wrong, go and get and install the newest graphics drivers for your card. If this doesn't help, watch for new drivers to be released for your card.

It can also be that you are having problems with OpenGL graphics. You can try the DirectX version.

Originally Posted By: Spiderweb

The DirectX version ships with the game. Go into your Avernum folder (Located in: Program Files/Spiderweb Software/Avernum - Escape From the Pit") and run "Avernum DirectX.exe". This version should work.

Did this help ? Maybe someone else over here can give you more information.