Ruby Nose

Ruby Nose

Mac/Windows

Author: Michael Slack

Rating:

Difficulty:

Version: 1.0.0

[composite=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IlJ1YnkgTm9zZSIsInRpZCI6IjE3MDkwIiwidGFncyI6W10sImJnYXNwIjp7IjUiOjAsIjQiOjAsIjMiOjAsIjIiOjEsIjEiOjB9fQ==]

Composite Score: 2.0/5.0

Best: 0.00% (0/1)

Good: 0.00% (0/1)

Average: 0.00% (0/1)

Substandard: 100.00% (1/1)

Poor: 0.00% (0/1)

[encouragenecro]

[/composite]

Keywords:

Edited by SylaeBot
Automated Sybot edit; worker IPB::csrThread/vanadium

• 1 month later...

Wow! First to review. What can I say about this scenario? The plot is that you want to steal some priceless ruby artifact from a town. Unfortunately, you get caught by triggering a trap on the way and are thrown in a prison cell. You are in a dream sequence then, and for some reason the Kool-Aid Man appears. Where on Earth did he come from?

After the dream, you then get to escape the cell, and your task is to finally get what you came to the town for. Most of the citizens in town are suspicious of you, except for one blacksmith. He tells you of an escape route from the town, since the main gates are closed. So you steal the ruby, which sets off an alarm. Nobody attacks you yet, but after a while of wandering around looking for keys, some guards finally find you and attack. Beat them, and then you high-tail out of town via the escape tunnel, with your purloined gem in tow. That's basically it.

A comment: Upon getting the Ruby identified I noticed it has a value of 30000+ coins. It also had 255 charges of curing Mind Control. Considering I didn't find the ruby's ability to be useful, I sold it and it maxed out my money. I'm not sure if the author intentionally set the item value that high or if it was a typo in the item script. Either way, the fact that you can go from bankrupt to filthy stinking rich by selling one little item was kind of Monty Haul-ish.

Overall, was the scenario fun? Sort of. Interesting town/dungeon design? Fair. Dialogue? Nearly nothing.

Combat? The fight with the rats in the sewers was a bit hard as it took me three tries to get through it alive, and I was using a party of the recommended level range. Everything else? Substandard. Which is the exact rating I'll give this scenario.

My Rating: [rating]Substandard[/rating]

Something must've happened to the zip posted. The ruby nose is only worth 5000 with unlimited charges.

begindefineitem 450;
   import = 205;
   it_name = "Ruby";
   it_full_name = "Purity Ruby";
   it_ability_1 = 209; // Removes harmful mental effects from the entire party
   it_ability_str_1 = 12;
   it_charges = -1;
   it_value = 5000;
   it_magic = 1;
   it_identified = 0;

If it appears to be everywhere, I can get a new zip posted with the right data txt file.