10th Contest, FINAL RESULTS

BainIhrno

The Siege of Copperpeak by Ephesos IS THE WINNER!!!

2nd Place: The Cradle by BJ Earles

3rd Place: Quarhag Pass by Smoo

4th Place: Incorruptible by Tridash

5th Place: The Eternal by Nikki

6th Place: Warp by Ephesos

7th Place: Waterweb by Handyman

8th Place: Gluckcluck by Enraged Slith

9th Place: The Crusaders by Bain-Ihrno

10th Place: Melliput Mobsters by Celtic Minstrel

11th Place: The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Niemand

12th Place: Strange Gildra by BJ Earles

I apologize for taking so long to finish this contest. I'd like to thank everyone who entered and/or judged in this contest. And of course, congratulations to Ephesos for winning his first general contest ever!

I'll be working on a detailed Word document on how I arrived at the results that I did. If you would like a copy when I'm done, let me know.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Oh and if you're wondering, there is nothing April Fools about these results tongue

Well the document is finished. PM me if you want me to send it to you.

Unfortunately for you, BJ Earles, the fact that your scenarios placed how they did pretty much wiped out all your judging except for tie-breaking. Nevertheless, thanks for taking time to judge and I wish you well in your future design endeavors. It's been a while since a scenario in "newcomer" took 2nd, so congratulations on that.

Somehow I feel like getting back to my BoA scenario, which I've had put away for some time....

First off,

champagne.jpg

Hey Bain, I distinctly remember asking whether or not text reviews were needed. :-P Seriously though, what I plan on doing is writing CSR posts for all entries. I have all my notes ready, they're just point form on scrap paper. It may take a while to get them online, though, since I am waaay behind on Masters related work.

Just want to say one thing first: it was really, really tough to rank these scenarios. A lot of good ones in the bunch, especially in my top five-ish. Also, absolutely every scenario had at least one moment where I sat back from the screen and said to myself, "Wow, that is really, really cool."

And like Bain, I'd love getting back into designing. But, uh, see two paragraphs back.

Originally Posted By: B.J.Earles

I'm rather surprised that my two scenarios took such extreme places. I mean, 2nd and 12th? I expected them to place somewhere in the middle, not on the two ends. tongue I'm not complaining, though. 2nd place isn't bad at all.

Well, the final version of The Cradle was rather awesome.

Congratulations to all the entrants!

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Haha, if anything, these rankings have turned me off the idea of designing again.

Don't let this be the last contest. frown

So... I haven't done a day's work on Blades in maybe two years, and haven't released anything in three? And now I win?

I mean, thanks to the judges for doing the contest, but I quite honestly don't know what to with this information.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm equally split between the "Still Not Coming Back to Blades" camp and the "Dude I Should Make Another Scenario" camp. And I am grateful for the win, just honestly surprised.

Originally Posted By: Jerakeen

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Haha, if anything, these rankings have turned me off the idea of designing again.

Don't let this be the last contest. frown

Heh, I was being (somewhat) flippant about my feelings towards where I placed is all. I'm still working on Blades stuff at the moment

Not at all surprised mine didn't place. I made it 3, 4 years ago? I never bothered to fix the quirks and add the stuff to prettify it that I was going to.

And I've been working on something on and off for the past couple of years, but not sure if I'll ever get around to finishing it...

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
So... I haven't done a day's work on Blades in maybe two years, and haven't released anything in three? And now I win?

I mean, thanks to the judges for doing the contest, but I quite honestly don't know what to with this information.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm equally split between the "Still Not Coming Back to Blades" camp and the "Dude I Should Make Another Scenario" camp. And I am grateful for the win, just honestly surprised.

At least half of those scenarios are older than Copperpeak, I think.

I'll have a new scenario coming out as soon as it's complete and I'm actually pleased with it. It was supposed to be my entry to that Warrior's Grove + 1 contest, but I really shot for the moon and ended up not finishing in time. I don't know if I'll continue designing after that, considering that there's barely any interest left in this game.

I am working on a new scenario right now and have plans for a handful of other scenarios, but I'm trying not to work on more than one at once. Despite what my signature may say, I think I'm about 80% the way toward having a playable version. After that, it's going to get a healthy dose of polish before going to beta. So, yeah, there are still some of us who are still working on and playing scenarios.