Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way is to look for the script for the Temple of Brigante dlg.txt under Celts and read through it until you find the dialog regarding the quest. There will be a line giving the sdf flag being changed and what the new number is to have the quest done and what the reward for it is.

Quote:
Originally written by Hymneth:
Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Originally by Randomizer:

Quote:
Step here again to revive the egg
Didn't Jeff mention on the forums once that Nethergate had an easter egg that no one ever found? Something about stepping in all the outdoor corners, or something similar? Does anyone remember something like that?

Dikiyoba.
Hello everybody.

I signed up just to say this, and I don't know if most people know where it is, but I blundered into the first spot you have to step on. It's a small patch of yellow mushrooms near the far west side of the valley in the woods north of the riven and south of the town. I think it types 'It Begins' or somesuch when you step on them.

Cheers
I discover second spot just north of Shadow walley fort. It is in the wood near the stone pillar by the north wall. It Types on message board "It continues."

Third spot is in the corner behind the entrance to the Goagh-Nar. It say "It's alive!!!!" and "(Step here again to revive the egg.)"
So if someone find the next spot please report.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
There should be one inner gate open with the Romans going to the north wing and the Celts allowed into the south wing. Also there is an area to the west around the center where the Eye is stored that should be explored.
Thanks Randomizer I'll try that! It must've just appeared like there was no way to enter - perhaps I was trying the Roman gate (I'm playing Celt).

• 3 months later...

Okay, I'm stuck trying to get Titus.

What the heck is the power of the grove? The great hunter is pretty clear (near the Faerie Bazaar, kill the wolf for the hunter), but I haven't found an obvious grove anywhere, really.

There are:

Little grove, west of the goblin pits (nothing special...)

Shady grove, near nethergate (just has herbs)

Spiral grove (nothing)

Grove of Bones (find the shades, seems the obvious one, but I did this quest and I still can't get in)

Or maybe it has something to do with the spiral horn, also found in a grove.

Which one is it? I've done everything in the game except kill the selkies, give the stones to Samuel (gave them to the Rose Lady), get all the shadow beasts, and retrieve the crown. I like to do absolutely every side quest possible before advancing storyline, and it really seems to me that I should be able to get somewhere...

Titus is hiding in the Circle Warrens to the east of the road to the Hollow Hills before you cross the bridge. He then flees to another place to the north of the Faerie Bazaar.

I'm not sure what grove message you are refering to. The large grove south of Vanarium has druids guarding a patch of alchemical herbs. It's hard to find the path to them. Each grove of trees usually has something in it.

When you go into the Hall of the Lamps and try to take the east path, you are blocked by ghosts unless you are Roman. If you take the west path, a message comes up saying "Prove Yourself: The power of the vale and the great hunter" or something similar. Not only is that a very vague "riddle," but there's no real indication whether you should have two items (the rewards from quests?), two flags set, or whichever.

I found Titus in his very first lair (where he summons snakes) and beat him, and then Harun said he went north... and there I am, the Hall of the Lamps. If there's somewhere else I need to go to beforehand, that would be odd because I'm pretty thorough at searching every inch of shadowvale.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by gren90:
I can't seem to find either pathway under the roman fort. I'm looking for three pillars on the overworld map, but it keeps eluding me. Any pointers to the general area?
The path under the Roman fort isn't available until near the end. You need to have done Castle Aethdoc and reported back to Nethergate as the Celts before you get told about the path from the three pillars to sneak into the Roman controlled area.

The Romans don't get told until after Castle Aethdoc and returning to the Fort.

Welcome to Spiderware Software and please leave your sanity at the door. You'll never need it again.

For the Celts, the first tunnel is along the mountains southeast of the goblin village. There is a message when you find the entrance near pillars. This leads to a spot inside the Roman fort valley. Go south and then east along the mountains towards the Fort to find the second entrance near a pillar. There are two spots that fit the description. Just watch for patrols.

The Romans get told that the path is entered from the storeroom where the uneven boards are.

several questions

1. what is the happy fun ball sylaks skull talks about?

2. what is the puzzle box for?

3. what are the dragon scales for?

4. can romans get into nethergate?

5. here is a secret area in the dragons lair that peircing sight reveals but i can't get into

6. how do you get back into gaag nar?

does anyone know these answers?

Quote:
Originally written by lifeguardernie:
several questions -

1. what is the happy fun ball sylaks skull talks about?
It's a joke.

Quote:
2. what is the puzzle box for?
Jeff left it in for some purpose that some people claim he forgot. Jeff still maintains he had a reason for it. See here for the latest discussion and Jeff\'s response.
Quote:
3. what are the dragon scales for?
Dragon scales are so the Celts can remove the Crone's curse at the Faerie Bazaar.
Quote:
4. can romans get into nethergate?
Not without triggering autokill nodes and other strange things.
Quote:
5. here is a secret area in the dragons lair that peircing sight reveals but i can't get into
There is a place for Reptakos' quest to the Celts to retrieve an item if you have the goblin with you. There is a second area that only opens with the goblin's help as a back entrance to the treasure area.
Quote:
6. how do you get back into galag nar?
Only one trip once you finish the quest there so make sure you move all the loot outside the gate or secret door before doing the quest.

Quote:
also does any one know how to free the wolf in the crone caverns?
There are 2 wolves, one attacks you and the other requires the key in the north part of the level. You have to walk on only one type of tiles to avoid losing the key and going to the basilisk area.

• 1 year later...

Glad I tripped on this one, would've felt awkward posting a new topic every time I hit a snag.

I was wondering if there's any way to reach the hidden room in the Northwest corner on the second sub-level of the goblin pit (it's the one that gives you a message of a chasm separating you from it as you approach, and if you jump down there's just a portal that takes you to another spot on the same level, nowhere near the hidden room). I'm playing as Romans now.

EDIT: Whoops! Turns out that's Celt-only territory. Ah well...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's Celt-only. Gwyar in Hagfen wants you to retrieve the horned skull there(I suppose Romans get the same quest? I didn't play with romans yet :D). Once you are given the quest, there will be a passage to the other side so that you can pass...

I have a question. When I ask Samael to free Orim's soul, he says "Go get the golden pelt and I will release his soul" OK I get back to the Temple and take the pelt, use the combat/end glitch and leave the Temple with the pelt. But when I talk to Samael, there is no option to give him the pelt for Orim's soul. Is it a bug or something? How am I supposed to achieve the quest? Or, should I do this quest later?

EDIT: OK I found the pelt under the temple.. Quest done...

There are a few people who prefer Romans, of course, but outside the immediate environs of the Shadow Valley Fort and the assorted hags and crones they're few and far between.

—Alorael, who finds it interesting that the groups opposed to both the Romans and the Celts' mission are, in the end, probably right. The gift to the Celts that doesn't pan out at the end would probably work much better kept in the hands of faeries and used directly against the encroaching empire.

• 4 months later...

All the links about Puzzle Box in this thread all seem broken. Any care to share what they said, if you recall? I'm curious.

Also, since I'm posting here anyway...how do I get into the gated area in SE Vale of Sould (you have to walk across lava to get through a hidden passage)?

And...what about the teleporter in the Vale of Sould? Waves of force or something always push me away.

What is the power of the grove (something like that) that the door in the Hall of the Lamp wants me to have before I can enter?

Thank you!

The Puzzle Box is an item inserted in the game that is never used. Jeff has talked about it in the threads and said it was to have a purpose but he decided not to use it.

In the Vale of Sould there are hidden areas with gate controls for some of them and a teleporter for one area in the SE.

There is one teleporter that isn't meant to be used by us.

The power of the grove is the spell sever seal (I think since it's been a while).

Odd questions:

Ring of Speed and Nimble have the same weight, and both say "+1 Action Points." They do have a different. Why does one say it's worth twice as much as the other? Is there some subtle secret hidden difference between them? Or was it just an odd oversight?

Is it ever possible to find the stable master for the Faerie Bazaar? The boy in the stable says he's on a journey, and it seem like a hook of some sort -- I figured I'd run into him sometime, but never did...

Is it possible to cast Clouds of Night in the course of a normal game? You need Spirit Circle 8, which means having all the other Druidism skills at 8 (Spirit can't be higher than the lower of Craft or Beast, which can't be higher than Health or War, which can't be higher than Druidism). My dedicated druid never got Spirit higher than 4 in the course of a Celt playthrough.

It's possible to get high enough to cast all spells. It's a matter of character balance on whether you increase druidism and all your circles to be able to use all spells or increase other stats like intelligence to be able to cast more spells in long combats without using potions.

I remember not being that impressed with the spell and found that others worked just as well in the Lands of Anwnn.

• 3 weeks later...

It acts as your melee/pole/slings/throwing equivalent for the crystal wands you can find and use at the very end of the game. Considering how useful those wands are for the brief time you have them, it's kind of nice.

—Alorael, who wouldn't worry about it much. The wands seem to function on the basis of being really good. You hit things and they tend to explode.

Originally Posted By: goblindolf
Do monsters always have a 95% chance to hit you on torment throughout the game?

I want to know if it's worth getting stumbling feet on my fighters playing torment mode

Monsters always have a slight chance to hit you or miss you no matter how good or bad your ability to dodge their blows. It's a 1 in 20 chance held over from Dungeons and Dragons.

Well actually my reasoning was "if my well geared torment fighter is hit 95% of the time throughout the entire game I may as well get stumblin feet since it will still be 95%"

but if they only have 80-85% chance to hit me throughout the game then stumblin feet would do more harm than good.

i've never played torment before so i dont know but i was going heavy armor, armor use, no defence or dexterity past what you can buy from trainers or get as quest rewards.

In which case, would I expect to get hit more with stumblin feet, or would I capped at 95% either way I play it?

hmm..

In that case does anyone know of an encounter early in the game where faery lore makes a difference?

Perhaps I can work out exactly how much faery lore the trait gives, by experimenting with the trait and faery lore with the editor to find out the exact value.

edit:

Spoke to jeff about it and it turns out it just helps vs hostile magic and it's supposed to give dialog options in some encounters

• 1 month later...

Well this is weird, I was just about to sell an obsidian spear because my roman characters already have blessed longswords, then I noticed the obsidian spear is a 1 handed weapon and I can use it with a shield. What the?

It has the same stats as 2 handed pikes except it has +20% magic resist. I am sure it used to be 2 handed in the old nethergate, there is no point in using 2 handed weapons with that thing in the game. I guess nethergate just doesnt have any good 2 handed weapons.

Was this a mistake or something? Was it meant to be 1 handed?

Does anyone know if intelligence/druidism and points in specific circles increase spell effectiveness equally?

And if any sort of penalty exists past 10 points in any of them?

I was experimenting and I noticed points in war circle increased darts of ice damage, even though the war circles description doesn't mentionb that it increases effectiveness of spells.

Each circle increases the potency of its spells. Now I'm going to start confusing games, and it's been a while, but I believe only one of Druidism or Intelligence increases your casting abilities, and I'd bet on the former.

—Alorael, who also vaguely recalls Druidism doing nothing but boosting secondary stats and allowing you to raise circles.