• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trenton :

Very practical & typical shaper mentality. I like that. wink

----------------------------------------

(S-SM-IA)

I question everyone in the town thoroughly, to find suspicious characters and to get more information about the rogues.Then I bribe a greedy-looking shopkeeper into telling me whether anyone around here has any reason to hate the shapers (ie, more than usual). I let my vlish roam around the town freely, so that I overhear conversations through my vlish's telephathic relaying.

BMA:

Quests:investigate tamed rogues, find missing shaper,confirm if there is a rebel around

Shopkeeper reveals that he overheard the shaper saying he was going to meet some guests that were arriving from some far-away lands.

Telepathy only reveals that some of the people never noticed that the shaper was missing at all, and most don't meddle with these things. Your vlish also found a woman in town in need of medical care. (investigate this or not:your choice )entirely).

The battle alpha is still following you, and time for your real task is running out.

(S-SM-IA)

I tell the battle alpha that I'm its new (and permanent) master, and that it should obey me in every way, even if i tell it to kill itself. Then I watch its expression, evaluating the possibility of it going rogue when I take it with me.

I go to the woman and examine her ailment. I just want to find out whether it is connected in any way to the rebels. (If its only an ordinary disease, I'll put on a haughty expression, ask the local shaman (don't they have one?) to deal with it, and move on to the next town.

PS : If the alpha shows the slightest sign of hesitancy, Off with its head - as I say, I'm one of your typical shapers who take no chances.

BMA:

Quests:investigate tamed rogues, find missing shaper,confirm if there is a rebel around

The alpha looks at you, then starts punching itself.

It appears the alpha thought you actually ordered it to kill itself.(choose your action here)

You then investigate the illness, it's a normal case of some disease you can't remember the name of.

I hmm, and create a Battle Beta with my remaining essence, pulling out my last pod/spores, a haste spore, and decide to go down the path the leftmost path that the Fyora didn't return from.

@BMA Thanks >.> Thats what I would normally do, and what any normal shaper would do.

Infiltrator/commander

Melee/shaping

Guardian

Trenton

Trenton:

Quests:Find the stone, obtain a batman symbol

Your essence is now at 15%.

you take the path that leads through the trees.

you cannot help hearing strange noises around yourself.

By the time you take 20 steps after hearing them, 6 clawbugs are surrounding you and the beta.

(S-SM-IA)

What a wonderfully stupid alpha laugh I tell it to stop killing itself. Then I cast a minor healing spell to remove its wounds.

And then I pat it on its back, say "Good alpha", and have it join my party.

Hm, a normal illness. Being a good-hearted shaper (as far as you can get), I refrain from blasting the woman with fire for wasting my time. Oh, all right, I'll also tell the woman a few general tips on the usage of medicinal herbs.

I run, full speed, to the other town.

ok.

Trenton:

the clawbugs are cursed.

3 bugs swarm on the beta.

the plated one and a normal one swarm you.

you half-kill the plated bug with a swift blow, the beta's health is now at 60% and he kills one of the normal bugs.

BMA NINJA'D ME!

BMA:

You are now at the other town.

As soon as you enter, you are dragged to a barn of sorts and told to examine the creations.

After you're done, you will inspect the people who tamed the rogues.

You start examining the rogues:

you find: (choose what you discover here, remember, the rogues were tamed by non-shapers by means unknown to you)

Trenton:

Beta kills another bug, it's health is now at 50%.

You kill the plated one, it explodes into a gassy cloud and you are poisoned (must be an evolved clawbug-mutant).

The poison doesn't reach the beta.

there is still a clawbug attacking it.

I curse exponentially, and take out my Venom baton, with only a round in it and a round in my pack. Not knowing spells, or having pods, I run, knowing the beta can take care of the one before dying itself. I sprint to the town, knowing I need to be better equiped. I fire 3 shots at the one I didn't kill who was attacking me.

I look at them closely. Then I link into their minds to feel their emotions. I curse and poke at them. No response, they just stand unnervingly still and completely obedient. As a last resort, I throw a bolt of fire at one of them - a glaahk. It cringes from the fire, but otherwise doesn't react or go rogue.

Interesting. Its impossible (as far as I know) that such powerful creations can be tamed by outsiders, and be kept for so long without a shaper's presence. Worrying too - if even outsiders can bring creations to their control, there'll be a new rebellion every day.

I go to meet the people who claimed to have tamed the rogues.

Trenton:

The poison didn't reach the beta, so it runs to the town along with you as soon as it kills the bug.

beta health now at 30%

Your health now at 60% and dropping.

You almost make it to the town, but a servile with a sword is standing in front of the gates.

It rushes at you.

BMA:

You start questioning the people, they explain how the creations were hostile when they found them, but they slowly implemented a reward system, they punished the rogues when they acted hostile, and rewarded them with food and care when they were docile. Your vlish reveals that there's something they didn't tell you.

Trenton:

The servile has augmented senses, and hears what you whispered.

He quickly passes by the beta and slashes at you.

You are hit.

(example:if you had melee-defense, you would have parried/riposted this attack)

Beta then hits the servile from behind and throws him away from you.

Your health is now at 25% and dropping.

Beta health still at 30%

I charge into the city gates while the Beta deals with the servile, it will die, but eh, its just a creation. I scream to the nearest guard, "GET ME TO EITHER YOUR FIRST AIDE, OR TO THE SHAPER THAT RUNS THIS FACILITY NOW, BEFORE I SMITE YOU WITH MY DYING BREATH! Oh, and a Curing pod would be good to slow down the poison that leaks through my veins, please?"

I phew, and walk to a shoppe that sells curing pods. I buy 3. I also buy 2 healing pods.

MONEY: 300 coins

I use the shaping halls to recharge my esscence, and create a Rotghroth Walking out into the forest again, I find the path I was on, and go down it, sword ready for more rogues, and searching for shiny objects that could be what the dead person put on display.

Trenton:

You arrive at the three paths again.

You take the path you took last time, in a few minutes of walking, you find mines in your path.

First clawbugs, now mines, and a servile was waiting for you....this path is heavily guarded.

Trenton:

the door opens by itself, there is a cloaked man sitting at a table inside a house.

He's drinking tea.

And he points to another cup of tea that's on the table.

With a cool voice, he simply says :"sit."

Trenton:

He watches you coldly, then answers:I have seen nothing unusual, I just run a trading business here, trading potions, but I think I have what you are looking for."

(commander trait tells you that he does more than run a small business,you can choose to use your leadership to question him here)

He holds up a puresteel emblem, there is a bat shape made out of darker metal on both of it's sides.

Originally Posted By: MMXPERT

BMA:
You start questioning the people, they explain how the creations were hostile when they found them, but they slowly implemented a reward system, they punished the rogues when they acted hostile, and rewarded them with food and care when they were docile. Your vlish reveals that there's something they didn't tell you.

I smile inwardly. Who do these people think they are dealing with? Time to show them just how nasty shapers can really turn out to be.

Leaving them standing there, I select a meek-looking one among them. I take him to a room, lock all the doors and have my creations surround him. My roamers hiss at him menacingly. I tell him "I'm a shaper, and you have lied to me. I have reason to believe that you are planning a rebellion against the Shaper Council, and I'll bring the wrath of the shapers on you all.Your puny town will be obliterated. Tell me the whole story of what really happened here, and I'll see that you're spared. If not, my creations here are going to rip you apart."

Trenton:

Quests:Find the stone

The man throws the emblem to you and says that it's free.

But that he will require your services later.

He then waves his hand.

You find yourself at the three paths again.

BMA:

The man panics, he starts talking gibberish, then he calms down and exclaims that he's not planning any rebellion.

He starts explaining that they stole recipes from shapers on some very effective herb brews, and used them on the creations to calm them. He tells you that they just wanted to get some respect from the shapers, as it would lead to a better position in life for them.

I say "If the truth is as you describe, I may not destroy you after all. But I want to know everything. Every tiny bit of information, including how you managed to steal recipes from shapers - where,which shaper,who stole it, what else did you steal - everything. Maybe you stole books on magic and shaping secrets too? Tell me, and if you so much as think of lying, my floating pack of tentacles (vlish) here will break into your mind and turn you insane."

The vlish raises its tentacles and points them at the man's face. The roamers bare their teeth.

Trenton:

Quests:Find the stone

Batman symbol increases your melee and magic a bit.

You take the third path this time, you walk for a long time until catching glimpse of a shiny object on the ground.

BMA:

Quests:report back to council, find missing shaper,confirm if there is a rebel around town 1

The man explains that when a shaper last took refuge in their town to rest, they offered him wine with sleeping potion mixed in it, and they stole some of his papers while he was unconscious. They then got the idea to use the recipes when some rogues attacked the town. He also explains that they didn't steal anything else, due to fear of the shaper noticing. (it seems they don't know the shaper's name)

but he only explained, just like that ? didn't he cry out in fear, beg for mercy, wet his pants or anything like that ? I had done my best to be really intimidating. frown (Shapers after all, you've got to keep up the standard, you know)

Okay, so I must report back to the council. Oh, but there's the rebel possibility. I'll investigate that too, so I when I get back I'll be hailed as a hero by the shapers. What are my options - should I go the other town now ?

Hm. I finish my questioning, approach the rogue-tamers I had left outside and say "I know what you have done, but I spare you. I will, of course, be reporting this incident.Let the council do as it sees fit. And, if you help me, I'll ensure that you get a lighter sentence. I want to know more about the missing shaper, and about the rebel activity in these parts. In fact, if you can point me to the rebel's den, I'll forget about your crimes altogether."

I look at them expectantly.

"What can you tell me?"

Trenton, You haven't explored this path fully, you know...

BMA:

Quests:report back to council, find missing shaper,confirm if there is a rebel around town 1

The people thank you quietly, and say they don't know anything abour the missing shaper or rebels. (It was the other town, lolduh)