If you ever feel like making an iPhone rpg...I'm there

cecirdr

I just recently got an iPhone so I'm all hot-to-trot to find good old school rpgs for it. So far, most everything I'm seeing is action oriented. frown

Anyway, I've been too busy in real life for the last couple of years, so Spiderweb software has probably already discussed their iOS plans. But since I see you've released a game for the iPad, I just want to raise my hand and meekly vote for iPhone too.

The iPhone probably lacks the graphic and processing power to make this a real possibility.

The closest thing I've found, other than Rogue, is probably a title called The Quest. It's quite good, and reminiscent of early Elder Scrolls games. I think it's like five bucks or something, and you can get expansion packs for $2, even though they kind of suck after the third one or so.

Right now Jeff has an extreme aversion to learning how to program for an iPhone after having to upgrade has Mac skills for the new OS and iPad. However since the next Mac OS is going to contain features from iPhone's and iPad's iOS there may be a version in the future that can run on iPhones.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Terrific listing (by a Spiderweb fan to boot) here:

http://www.rpg-site.com/index.html

The site has a surprisingly long list of roguelikes. There are also a few good ports and remakes of console classics, of which FF Tactics: War of the Lions is the real gem.

Thanks! This is an excellent list. Bookmarked! smile

Originally Posted By: Dantius
The iPhone probably lacks the graphic and processing power to make this a real possibility.

The closest thing I've found, other than Rogue, is probably a title called The Quest. It's quite good, and reminiscent of early Elder Scrolls games. I think it's like five bucks or something, and you can get expansion packs for $2, even though they kind of suck after the third one or so.

I stumbled onto The Quest yesterday. I tried the lite version first to see if I like it. I reminded me of my old Might and Magic days. grin So I snapped up the Gold version that has several expansion packs bundled with the primary game.

• 1 month later...