How To Get iCloud Working?

bayez

So I sold my iPad 1 and got a new iPad 2. I expected that when I loaded Avadon on the new iPad that my top left save game would appear in the load game list, but it didn't... How do I actually get my game s to save to iCloud? What settings need to be set, etc...?

Thanks,

-joe

I see. So if I have iCloud backup turned on, then do the saves get backed up to cloud automatically, or only when I click the "Back Up Now" button?

For example, when I look at my "Manage Storage" screen, I see my latest backup (which sadly is from new iPad ... I never did this from the old one). And I see a "Documents & Data" section. In the D&D section, I only see an entry for Doodle Jump, but nothing for Avadon, even though I have a saved game in the top left slot...

So I need to manually click the "Back Up Now" button any time I want my Avadon save games to get backed up to iCloud?

Thanks,

-joe

They will automatically backup daily if you plug your iPad in to charge. If it is always plugged in, it will do it once every 24 hours, if it is not always plugged in, it will back up automatically if you plug it in more than 24 hours after the last backup. You can backup manually by pressing that backup now button.

• 1 year later...

This is really a bad way to support iCloud save game. Take a look an iPad/iPhone game Silversword. It has one iCloud save slot that writes the save data into the "Documents & Data" of your iCloud account. Then you can pick up any other iOS device and load that iCloud save gave without have to do any of this back and restore stuff. Much nicer way to support iCloud saves.