Summoned Monsters?

CountJagan

Years ago Tarl Roger Kudrick made a list of the BoE Monsters. It was titled, "bladbase100monsters" and I think it should be posted on the Spiderweb Site.

There are actually 187 Monsters including their attributes and a few notes.

I have a copy of it and tried to "copy" and "paste" it here but it didn't work. I'm one of those out-of-date computer illiterates. ;^{

With any luck, perhaps someone else who has the list and knows how to attach it to a post will see your request.

me

There's Serpent, Asp, Guardian, Shade, Deva, and Demon, I believe. I think that's all of them.

For the more generic type summoning spells (like "Summon Beast" or "Weak Summoning"), it picks a monster with a specific summon level, so it doesn't matter what the monster ID is. If you overwrite a weaker monster with a strong one, you just need to make sure that you increase its summon level as well.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
There's Serpent, Asp, Guardian, Spirit, Deva, and Demon, I believe. I think that's all of them.

Shouldn't that be "shade", not "spirit"? A spirit is a much more powerful magic using undead creature.

It uses the same graphics and the shade, though, which is something I personally really don't like, especially when you are fighting a group including both.

(Similarly, I remember in The Fog or maybe Nephil's Gambit (both great scenarios), running into a bunch of things with basilisk graphics that turn out to have cave lizard stats (maybe they shot spines at you though). That was a bit of a fright, and, I believe, unintentional.)

I just verified that, and the summoning does bring up a Shade. A bit misleading with the name being "Summon Spirit", although the description clarifies it nicely.

To the original question, Tarl's Monster List is still uploaded on the Scenario Workshop!

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/blades/scen_workshop.html

Or rather, in particular, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/MonsterData.rtf

• 7 years later...
On 1/17/2012 at 1:13 AM, Tonweya said:

Years ago Tarl Roger Kudrick made a list of the BoE Monsters. It was titled, "bladbase100monsters" and I think it should be posted on the Spiderweb Site.

There are actually 187 Monsters including their attributes and a few notes.

I have a copy of it and tried to "copy" and "paste" it here but it didn't work. I'm one of those out-of-date computer illiterates. ;^{

With any luck, perhaps someone else who has the list and knows how to attach it to a post will see your request.

me

Please Please Please tell me you still have a copy of this

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/ftp/user_scen/MonsterData.rtf

I assume it's still there because I download an RTF when I follow the link, but my phone won't open it. We should probably back up all the content from the Scenario Workshop to OpenBoE.com at some point.