G2 - Locked out of shops

Hi everyone. I'm now on my second playthrough of Geneforge 2 (pro-Shaper Guardian intending to join loyalists). When I visited Medab, I got the message "You may have a harder time dealing with them now" and got locked out of the shops even though I hadn't joined the loyalists yet. Then I thought it might be because of opinions, but using the opinion cheats (they are working, as the prices in Drypeak change accordingly) still won't let me trade. Is this normal?

It is due to your opinions; as soon as you get that message ("You may have a harder time dealing with them now") you are locked out of Awakened shops forever, even changing your reputation to pro-servile won't fix it. A new stuff done flag is set when you visit Medab with reputation >=115, and it cannot be reset in game.

You can fix it with shift+D, entering SDF 17 10 0 and SDF 17 11 0.

Wish I was better at interpreting Geneforge code.

I'm thinking of starting over anyways, so I'd like some more advice. How many points should a Guardian aim for in shaping and magic? And how do points in Quick Action affect the chance of double attacks and the chance to hit of the second attack? I'm quite puzzled by this because I've got 8 Quick Action, I'm not halfway through Awakened lands, and I can only recall having one or two double attacks.

In G2, a Guardian doesn't need to bother with shaping at all. Focus on Parry and a weapon skill (either missiles or melee) and whatever other skills help the choosen weapon type (e.g. strength or dexterity, etc). Parry was incredibly powerful in G2 and makes the Guardian the single most powerful character type in the game. Max it out.

You may want to train a little in Blessing Magic, since those spells can be helpful (blessing, shielding, hasting). A bit of Endurance can be nice for those times when a blow slips by your Uber-Parry. If you really want magic, you'd probably want to go for mental magic to disable enemies, but that's a defensive tactic and your mega-Parry skill should already be defending you more than adequately.

• 3 years later...

Seeing as how I couldn't get the aforementioned codes (SDF 17 10 0 & SDF 17 11 0) to work and instead got the "out of range" error message, I thought I should add the solution I used to this thread.

Using Shift+D and typing "pleaselikeme" appears to reset any unjustified hatred the serviles in Medab might have for you.

Seeing as how I couldn't get the aforementioned codes (SDF 17 10 0 & SDF 17 11 0) to work and instead got the "out of range" error message, I thought I should add the solution I used to this thread.

Using Shift+D and typing "pleaselikeme" appears to reset any unjustified hatred the serviles in Medab might have for you.

That definitely shouldn't be out of range. Hmm.