A:EftP - OMG 190 characters fallen and it's under the truth!

Just checked the stats and saw that awful stat, knowing is my party is just level 11 and this stat doesn't count when I don't care go to end of fight and reload.

Don't tell me to lower the difficulty I tried a bit Normal right when it was the Underground fort where multiple time you get the warning to put care and scout and avoid confront because they are very strong... but fighting some it was almost easy, breaking quite a lot the mood.

I don't complain I'm just surprised of how high is the stat. Well I also don't progress much since one day, multiplying failed attempts (mainly slith and mind spiders).

I am going to rebalance some of the boss fights for v1.0.1 to make them easier. If there was a boss or encounter that you found particularly frustrating or that you had to leave return to many times, please let me know.

Be sure to be specific about the name of the boss and what dungeon they were in. Remember, it's a huge game. "The leader of the bandits" won't tell me enough.

Any extra details about what specific thing you can remember making the fight hard (a particular spell or ability) would help.

Thank you!

- Jeff Vogel

I have no particular problem with the bosses, I suppose many of my posts let feel I'm whining the game is too hard. But it's not difficult for me to understand that it's impossible to make a game that will be a good challenge for everybody.

How it's supposed to work is that the player isn't dumb enough to not lowdown the difficulty setting when the game is becoming too hard. I don't do it because of two reasons that are quite special. The few time I tried Normal I felt it too easy. But the game is that open that it's clear I could find fights challenging anyway plus just many too easy.

Also, and it's the main cause, I played Avernum some years ago, and I like this remake but I'm a player that don't replay much. So I don't have the curiosity that a player discovering the game would have. And that curiosity would be enough to play it even if a bit too easy overall. In fact it's probably how I played Avernum. But replay is something else.

EDIT:

Well some posts are perhaps sort of whining but it's more irritation I can't master the game at Hard, I suppose I smoke too much along my life and now a large part of my brain is destroyed. grin