A:EftP - A Major Gripe, and something nifty (minorminor spoiler)

Okay. So I really like this game. Dual-wielding is back, and the skill system is a big improvement on Avadon's in terms of flexibility yadda yadda. . . BUT, I have begun to feel rather bothered by the fact that I can't close doors. I feel this is an extraordinarily important feature, and the fact that it is gone is simply put, absurd.

I don't just close doors so I can steal stuff. . .sometimes I want to duck away from foes I stumble upon by accident. . . or not wander through a town full of open doors.

Anyways, that is my gripe. I shall stop harping on it now -- but I'd really like to see shutting doors in whatever eventual update comes along.

Now for the something cool I found. . . this is mildly spoilerific, but i don't know how to make spoilers so, HA!

When you reach Fort Draco and speak to Bill, who works in the forge ask him what kind of metals he finds and he will mention Lapis Lazuli and Redstone. As someone who also plays minecraft I kinda have the suspicion there might be a correlation. laugh

Yep. It is kinda awesome. . .

but as for the doors. I think it is sloppy that they can't close. I only made this post because I saw others had similar complaints. I mean. . . cabinets open. . .AND CLOSE. Why can't doors? I'd like to get some sort of a consensus here, I know there are others who feel the same way as I do -- I've seen the posts laugh

but I wonder if I'm being a bit over zealous in my desire to see "realistic" shutting doors.

Originally Posted By: ProperPseudonym
Okay. So I really like this game. Dual-wielding is back, and the skill system is a big improvement on Avadon's in terms of flexibility yadda yadda. . . BUT, I have begun to feel rather bothered by the fact that I can't close doors. I feel this is an extraordinarily important feature, and the fact that it is gone is simply put, absurd.

The inability to close doors caught me a little off guard, but I'm usually able to move around in the room if I want to steal something. But ... I never realized how I used to close doors to keep people and things, like cows, from moving around the already crowded streets of some places. I got caught between a stern guard who wouldn't move and a cow. The cow eventually moved along, but in Exile and other Avernum games I learned to close the doors to keep those things in their rightful places. Of course, if it gets too busy just leave and return.