Patch for Avadon Steam version

Kristóf Nékám

I have just sent this PM to the Spidweb user, hopefully we will get some kind of answer. If you have other ideas for the patch, please share.

Hi,

I enjoy Avadon immensely, but there are some bugs in the Steam version that warrant a patch. Are you planning on making one? Avadon has been out for some time, so I wanted to ask if there is going to be a patch or not, and if yes, when.

Some issues to consider:

- The Well Read achievement is broken, it is impossible to get it. Even if you have all 26 codex entries, the game only acknowledges 24.

- The Don't Bug Me... achievements description is misleading. It suggests that you do not do something (making your friends happy), when you actually have to do something to get it (make them unhappy during their quest).

- The Craftmaster medals tooltip says Augment 75 items (on the medal page within the game).

- The walking speed could be faster, it can get tedious to walk across an area. A good example is the Wayfarer's first quest. You have to approach him first, which is not a problem since you have to explore the map anyway, but once you get what he wants you have to travel to the same area again, and then yet again, to get the reward. You start out on the right side of the map, and it takes some time to get there. Also, in some areas you cannot access for example a room, unless you do something first in another area - for example, in the Wretch Warrens you have to get the key from Onghror to be able to enter a room in the southern area of the map below the warrens. You enter that map on northern side, and, again, it takes quite a bit of time to get there.

I am sure others have discovered more problems.

Thank you for your time.

Nékám Kristóf

And of course I forgot to mention some of the problems rolleyes

Leave Them Where They Lie achievement - did not get it, even though I have never even picked up those scrolls. It seems some of your group must go unconscious at least once in the game to get this (whenever that happened I have reloaded, so in the end it was as if it has never happened). If this is not the case, then what else do you need to get it? Also, the description is misleading in this case.

Take Only What You Need achievement - you do not get it if you play through the entire game alone, and never take anybody with you. The description is again misleading since this fulfils the requirement as it is now.

• 1 month later...