Delays, delays...

Seasons of Destiny

Yup. Or at least what I assume that it'll be, anyways.

But the thing is that either my computer or BoA is acting a little crazy (by crazy, I mean whenever I click on Boa, it stays in the black screen that usually pops up when starting it for about 5 seconds, and then I get a blue screen saying that something was running an infinite loop).

I'm not a scientist in computer anatomy, so -> frown

I'd hold off - I have had issues where BoA does that for me (on both Windows Vista and 7 (32-bit). Try holding the space bar as the program opens to get it to skip right through to the menu screen.

(I also have had issues where doing seemingly nothing more than lingering on an intro screen causes the game to crash too. frown )

If using Windows 7, apparently you don't install games in the C:\Program Files directory. Next approach, look for a Compatibility Mode.

If it still does not work, that is odd, you should take this problem to the Tech Support forum. State your platform (Windows, Mac, other) and your operating system (Windows 7, Mac OS...).

Compatibility mode allows a program (in later versions of Windows) to pretend they are running in an earlier version of Window. It emulates some of the earlier environment that allows some older programs to run in new Windows versions. Basically, it's a setting in the short-cut properties. Right-click on the icon, select properties, then select the 'compatibility' tab. If you're running Windows 7 or Vista, you'll want to check the top box, and select 'Windows XP (SP 3)' from the drop-down list (that's what I have set to run BOA and the editor under Windows 7). If you're running XP, you may have other problems than compatibility, though you can try setting that to 'Windows 95'.

Make sure you're not installed in Program Files if using Windows 7 (or Vista). I typically install all games (especially the older ones) in a 'Games' folder.

Hope this helped some.

Windows 2000 is as useless as a "Warning: Swamp." sign smack dab in the middle of a swamp (there has been a couple of those somewhere in Avernum) in this situation. shocked

I don't have high hopes for the next versions down, but here goes nothing *crosses fingers*.

*followed by a blue screen*

This is starting to get bit frustrating (but not enough for a mad face, oh no). I'll try 95, and I'll tell you guys what is causing this infinite loop.

*yet another blue screen*

This time I saw what file was being problematic: ati2dvag.

Thing is, I don't know what to do about said file...

Originally Posted By: Seasons of Destiny
Windows 2000 is as useless as a "Warning: Swamp." sign smack dab in the middle of a swamp (there has been a couple of those somewhere in Avernum) in this situation. shocked
I don't have high hopes for the next versions down, but here goes nothing *crosses fingers*.

*followed by a blue screen*
This is starting to get bit frustrating (but not enough for a mad face, oh no). I'll try 95, and I'll tell you guys what is causing this infinite loop.

*yet another blue screen*
This time I saw what file was being problematic: ati2dvag.
Thing is, I don't know what to do about said file...
That file name suggests that it is a video problem. ATI was a graphics chip manufacturer. They have since been purchased by AMD, who still releases drivers for old cards. With that in mind, I would recommend updating your graphics drivers. You can download new drivers here. If you do not know what graphics card you have, you can download a tool that will detect it automatically from that site.

Thanks (for the third time tongue )! This time I hope Blades of Avernum will work.

There couldn't be such a more face-palm worthy moment in the history of all face-palms. *face-palm* mad

You see, I thought the problem was fixed by re-wiring with video cords so they supposedly wouldn't try to overcome each other. It momentarily works, and I find out that I, being forgetful, forgot to make the town I'm working on use its town script (a.k.a. getting a innkeeper to converse with you).