The Abyss: An AIMHack campaign in the world of Avernum/Exile!

Sarachim

Session 2 is complete (well, it was completed last night, but I'm only getting around to this now).

Everyone gets 12 skill points.

Calendar: http://whenisgood.net/39iyqjf

We'll handle looting in this thread soon.

Sylae, if you're out there, drop me a line and let me know if you're still in this.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a heads-up; Still no word from Sylae. He didn't show to his own campaign (I left the room not long after the session was supposed to start when no one else showed, but I'm pretty sure I would have been yelled at if the problem was just me not being there). I've been checking CalRef, and haven't seen him there, either.

Also, any word on the looting or the next session?

Originally Posted By: Nioca
As a heads-up; Still no word from Sylae. He didn't show to his own campaign (I left the room not long after the session was supposed to start when no one else showed, but I'm pretty sure I would have been yelled at if the problem was just me not being there). I've been checking CalRef, and haven't seen him there, either.

at this point i have officially shifted from hoping she's okay to hoping she's alive

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Still no word from Sylae.

at this point i have officially shifted from hoping she's okay to hoping she's alive

You're not the only one. Usually, when something like this happens, she manages to slip out at least one or two messages to CalRef. This time? Not a peep. frown

Nalyd, fill out the calendar so I can schedule the next session.

Also, any word on the looting or the next session?

I was waiting for level-ups, but I guess that's not necessary. I'll write up a post today or tomorrow.

I haven't heard anything from Sylae either. I hope she's okay.

Calendar done and level:

Click to reveal.. (Urgdnebbot)
Click to reveal.. (Character Sheet)
Name: Urgdnebbot

Race: Goblin

Alignment: Honor

HP: 26

Banked: 0

Acrobatics: 4 (+1)

Athletics: 4

Composure: 5 (+1)

Deep Magic: 3

Melee(Swords): 6 (+1)

Click to reveal.. (Abilities)
Dance(Acrobatics)(Free Slot) - Urgdnebbot twists, contorts, and tumbles her way past an enemy's defenses allowing for an unarmed attack, grapple, or maneuvering.

Unsettle(Composure)(Free Slot) - Urgdnebbot uses her unnerving nature to make anyone conversing with her nervous and off-balance, and inspire fear in any combat opponent.

Contempt(Deep Magic) - Urgdnebbot floods the targets' mind with the impression of their own inferiority, stunning them or compelling them to attack themselves.

Meditation(Deep Magic) - Urgdnebbot falls into a deep trance that allows her to wander around the surrounding area as an incorporeal, invisible spirit, but still capable of sight, hearing, and faint speech. Wandering to far risks becoming lost.

Wall of Thorns(Swords) - Urgdnebbot forgoes a direct attack this round, and instead retaliates against any enemy attacking her, riposting or at least parrying their attacks.

Disarm(Swords) - Urgdnebbot cunningly manipulates her blade to rip her opponents' weapon from their hands. Or maybe she just maims their hand. Who knows?

Neat Bifurcation(Swords) - Urgdnebbot focuses her entire being into a single slash, dealing massive damage to a single enemy or closely grouped cluster of enemies. She gives no regard to defense to do this, and is open to counterattacks on failure.

Click to reveal.. (Inventory)
Fine, Slender Blade

Empire Blade (Unmarked)

Simple Clothes

Empire Chainmail (Unmarked)

10 Gold

Paladin's Amulet (not worn)

8-year old dead girl

Belt of rags and beads

Skillfully detailed headband

Click to reveal.. (Backstory)
Urgdnebbot was born to a goblin tribe in the cave near Cotra. She never grew to know her tribe beyond the vaguest memories, though, as they were wiped out by a group of adventurers almost before she could walk. Their leader, a paladin, saw him stumbling through the caves, crying for his mother, and couldn't find the heart to kill her or leave her to die.

So she brought the toddling goblin back to the city with her, where she used her status and wealth as a successful adventurer to protect and provide for her adoptive daughter, training her to be both skilled and civilized. Urgdnebbot embraced - and perhaps even improved upon - her mother's powerful sense of honor, though she never accepted her gods. Instead, her position in the society of Avernum led him to lengthy wanderings through his own mind and the minds of others, growing to understand them in ways that few others ever could. But where she truly excelled under the paladin's tutelage was in martial training - she became an artist with a blade, mastering all aspects of combat, martial and philosophical. Physically fit though not physically imposing, it is through her skill with a sword that she keeps herself alive and to which she devotes her life.

Her mother died, eventually, as adventurers are wont to do, and her protection disappeared. Eloquent and proud, she was not officially sentenced to death, though more than a few tried to take the matter into their own hands. Instead, she was sent to the Abyss, with the secret hope that she would die there, or at least never return.

Of course, she did not. She begged in Bargha for a long while, until the rumors her martial prowess reached the right people. The Abyss has no shortage of people that simply don't care, and some of them simply didn't care that Urgdnebbot was a goblin, so long as she could fight. She survived in a more comfortable manner from then on, with a small home and some gold.

She had learned of the Empire, of course, and knew of their stance towards non-humans. She had kept herself free of ties that would have left her honor-bound to the dishonorable denizens of the Abyss, and so felt no shame when she fled to the west, away from those would would seek not only her death, but the genocide of her entire race.

Regarding Sy: This sort of thing has happened before.

Also she's probably not dead.

*bump*

Sarachim, speaking from personal experience here? If you want to handle looting in this thread, you're going to want to get it up soon. It usually takes several days for everyone to respond (not everyone checks the board on a daily basis), which means if you put it up right before the session, it'll accomplish little or nothing.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
So I you want me to level up too?

With all my heart.
Originally Posted By: Lilith
hey yo all looks like sylae is officially out on account of Heavy-Ass Real Life Happenings so i guess that means BJ is in if he wants to be? if not, alec expressed some interest in participating

Yeah, BJ is next in line if he wants it. Alec hasn't officially said anything to me, but IIRC neither has anyone else, so I guess he's next after BJ

Now, without further ado, the loot!

Originally Posted By: Loot!
The soldiers and the captain were all carrying high-quality surface-made swords like the ones you found on the group in session 1. There are 8 altogether.

The archer had 8 arrows left, which Sieberr immediately claims for her own. Since his bow is ruined, it's not a huge loss. The archer's knife is still here, but it's more of a tool than a weapon.

Most of this group's armor was damaged beyond use in the fight, but the captain's fine steel helmet is still intact, as is one shield.

Each member of the defeated group only had about one days' worth of food, but your group is smaller so the total will extend your food supply by two days (giving a total of four, IIRC)

Finally, in a pocket under the captain's armor, you find a commission identifying him as Captain Petre in the Fourth Cavern Corps, and orders which read as follows:

A gazer and its band of humanoid slaves have attacked a group of registered inhabitants south-southwest of Bargha, approx. 10 miles west of mile marker 60 on the Bargha-Spire road. You and the unit under your command are requested and required to hunt down this creature before it does any further damage. Survivors of the creature's attack reported seeing it move south; after destroying the creature, you will investigate the possibility that it was moving to join with Scimitar elements known to be active in that area.

General Karnold
Commanding, 4th Cavern Corps
Bargha, 17th Frost

Log of session 2 coming soon.

Meet Marra.

Quote:
Name: Marra

Race: Nephil Female

Alignment: Vengeful

Description: Tan fur with a few white spots about the ears, lithe and somewhat short. Wears a sleeveless tunic and dark trousers.

HP: 20/20

STM: 10/10

Stealth: 5

Missile (Bows): 4

Perception: 4

Athletics: 3

First Aid: 3

Melee (Shortswords): 3

Acrobatics: 2

Composure: 2

Nature: 2

Bow Techniques:

Take Aim: (1 stamina) Spends a full round observing a target and setting up a shot at its vitals. The character may not move, attack or use items during the round spent taking aim. If the character fires at the target the following round, the attack has a bonus to hit and inflicts triple damage.

Shoot from the Shadows: Time attacks so that opponents cannot pinpoint their origins. Attack as normal, but make an additional Stealth check. If passed, character retains concealment.

Interrupting Shot: (1 stamina) A painful attack breaks a target's concentration. In addition to dealing damage, the target saves to continue its current action (if applicable); otherwise, it takes a penalty to its next action.

Inventory:

- Clothes

- Cavewood Bow

- Quiver: 8 crude arrows

- Crude Shortsword

- Dried Lizard Meat: 4 days worth

- Lamp

Backstory:

Marra could still remember that day clearly. In the hours before the brightening of the fungi she had made her way into a camp of Empire soldiers. The humans from above were drunk and lazy, content in their perceived victories from that day. Their heavy eyelids were all the cover Marra needed. She spied her target, a colonel sitting by one of the fires. Marra knew him only as the cruel man who had ordered the razing of her village just days before. She readied her bow and let a single arrow fly. The colonel screamed and fell to the cave floor, an arrow protruding from his chest. The rest of the camp awoke in confusion. Two more fell to Marra's arrows before they found her and gave chase, but Marra was too quick for them.

The wanted posters appeared the next day. Rather than have the Empire come for her in her sleep, Marra fled to the Abyss…

Click to reveal..
Character:
Name: Pepper Grinder
Race: Human
Sex: Female

HP 10/10
STM 10/10
SP 5/5

Acrobatics: 4 (+2)
Alchemy: 3
Arcana: 1
Material Magic: 8 (+1)
Perception: 3
Stealth: 2

Spells:
Stone Warrior: Create a stone creature that fights for its summoner.
Earth Manipulation: Change stone into metal and metal into stone and shape it during the process.
Rock Maze: Reshape the ground to form a four foot tall spiked maze over an expanse of ground 30 feet long and 10 feet wide extending from the caster.
Stoneskin: Form the ground around a target and meld it to the surface of their body, allowing them to move and melee attack while coved with stone for 2 rounds.
Liquid Stone: Caster is able to tune a small spot of ground into a deep pool of liquid stone and the harden it once more.
Grind: Quickly erode a bit of stone or metal over a few seconds.

Inventory:
Thread worn brown robes and leather boots
2x Energy Potion
Two days worth of mushroom bread

Pepper can try to take off the insignia from the swords, taking ten to do so. She also mumbles nervously and avoids the loot.

An eleventh hour level up!

Click to reveal..

Life Mg: 7 (+1)

Composure: 4

Arcana: 3

Streetwise: 3

Melee: 3

Banked: 3

And techniques! (One melee and one Life Magic. Both approved.)

Click to reveal..
Backstab (Melee): If a target is engaged with another person, or otherwise preoccupied or unable to see Arabella, she gains a bonus to hit and to damage upon a successful hit.

Unholy Fatigue: Drains the vigour from a target/small group of targets (less effective over multiple targets), resulting in a reduced speed score, and a slight penalty to hit. (1 stamina)

Click to reveal..
Character:

HP 10/10
STM 10/10
SP 5/5

Acrobatics: 4
Alchemy: 3
Arcana: 2 (+1)
Material Magic: 8
Perception: 4 (+1)
Stealth: 3 (+1)
Stored Points: 1

Spells:
Earth Manipulation: Change stone into metal and metal into stone and shape it during the process.
Rock Maze: Reshape the ground to form a four foot tall spiked maze over an expanse of ground 30 feet long and 10 feet wide extending from the caster.
Stoneskin: Form the ground around a target and meld it to the surface of their body, allowing them to move and melee attack while coved with stone for 2 rounds.
Liquid Stone: Caster is able to tune a small spot of ground into a deep pool of liquid stone and the harden it once more.

Inventory:
2x Energy Potion

Click to reveal.. (Marra)

HP: 16/20
STM: 7/10

Stealth: 6 [+1]
Missile (Bows): 4
First Aid: 4 [+1]
Melee (Shortswords): 3

Banked Points: 0

I'll get around to filling those empty technique slots eventually.

Yemirrr needs a vacation. Sadly, he's not getting one. But he does get the consolation prize of a point each in Athletics, Acrobatics, and Perception, so that's something.

Click to reveal.. (Yemirrr, XP-72)
Yemirrr

Unfettered Male Nephilim Raider

Physical Description: Dark fur, large muscles, dark-colored eyes. Has tattered ears and a large scar from his left shoulder to his chest. Wearing ratskin pants and a small, tribal-reminiscent necklace. (If you've played BoA and seen the 5th nephil portrait, it'll give you a pretty good idea. Except with pants.)

04/29 HP [+1] / 6/10 STM

17 DEF / 13 WIL

5 SPD / 00/72 XP

Melee (Axes) - 7

Magic (Force) - 3

Athletics – 5 [+1]

Perception - 4 [+1]

Thievery – 3

Stealth - 2

Acrobatics - 1 [+1]

Click to reveal.. (AXE TECHNIQUES (5))
BLITZ BARRAGE (1STM) – Unleashes a devastating and lightning-quick barrage of blows onto a target, doing elevated damage and either penalizing or outright stunning the victim for 1 round.

GRAPPLE BREAKER (1STM) - Counter-attacks an opponent that has grappled the character, adding the character's Melee skill and bonuses to their save versus the grapple. If successful in breaking the grapple, the opponent will take damage.

UNSTOPPABLE RAGE (1PD) – Goes into a berserk rage. All attacks gain a notable bonus to hit and do extra damage, at the cost of defense. The effects last until the end of the current battle.

WIDE CLEAVE (1STM) – As a full-round action, winds up and performs a massive cleaving attack, striking up to four adjacent enemies in one hit. Each additional enemy targeted inflicts a -1 penalty to-hit.

SHATTER STRIKE – As a full-round action, delivers a savage strike against an enemy, targeted to harm both the enemy and a specified item; a successful hit will, depending on the targeted item and strength of hit, either damage the item (reducing its effectiveness) or destroy it beyond usability (although not necessarily beyond repair). Magical items are far more resistant to the sundering effect. This technique can also be used outside of combat to provide a bonus to breaking an inanimate object when using the appropriate weapon type.

Click to reveal.. (FORCE MAGIC (3))
CHILL – Hits the target object with a burst of cold.

IMPULSE – Creates a short-range pulse of force. Does minimal damage as an attack, but is capable of throwing, knocking back, or deflecting enemies and objects. Additional stamina can increase the power of the force pulse or spread it out into a small cone of effect.

DISPERSION – Creates a temporary shield around the target tuned to a specific element or form of energy (heat, electricity, cold, etc.), deflecting and dispersing it into the recipient's surroundings. This reduces its damage/effects while also potentially dumping it into nearby creatures or objects. Stronger castings can disperse greater amounts of energy, and multiple energy types can be shielded against at 1STM per additional type.

Click to reveal.. (INVENTORY)
Ratskin Pants – Pants stitched together from ratskins. There's a few pockets for storing things.

Fine Steel Helmet – A sturdy steel helmet looted off of an Empire Captain.

Round Shield – A non-encumbering round shield. Protects one from blows.

Battle Axe – A nasty-looking steel battle axe that Yemirrr wields one-handed.

Bone Necklace – A necklace made of rat bones.

Pack – A slightly-frayed pack that was looted off of an adventurer.

PACK

Dried Meat x6 – Portions of dried lizard meat.

Bread x5 – Loaves of bread.

Healing Potion – Restores missing HP.

Potion of Battle – Provides a boost to accuracy and defense for a short time.

Industrial Axe - A heavy axe meant for industrial use.

Empire Sword x7 – A fine imperial steel blade. It's marked as an Empire weapon.

Knife – A small tool knife.

Here are the proposed melee techniques for Marra. They're all new so they'll need approval.

Click to reveal..
Pounce: Marra attempts to sneak up on an unwary foe and attack them. Attack as normal, but make an additional Stealth check. If the check is passed, the attack will have a bonus to accuracy and will stun the target for a round if it connects. Can only be used if the target is not aware of Marra's presence.

Cat and Mouse: Marra positions herself close to a target enemy but does not attack. If the target attacks her that round, she gets a bonus to defense against that attack. If that attack would miss under normal circumstances, Marra may counterattack. If the target attempts to move away or attack anyone besides Marra that round, she gets an attack of opportunity with a bonus to hit.

Bound: Move action. Using her natural agility and grace, Marra leaps over an enemy or obstacle and lands on her feet on the other side. An Acrobatics check is made to determine the effect of the jump, with a bonus if Marra moved before jumping. A failed check will throw Marra off balance, denying her any other actions that round and penalizing her defense. If she passes the check by a significant margin, she may take an AoO against one nearby enemy as a free action.

Next session is Tuesday, January 31!

Marra's techniques are approved.

Also, two characters have earned perks! First, Urgdnebbot:

Root

"Two? Ah, one to offer the deal and one to threaten consequences? The technique your people call 'the root and the branch', yes?"

Urgdnebbot has learned how much easier it is to be persuasive when one has a little magical help. She gets +2 to Composure rolls when speaking to characters that Chadat has used Deep Magic on.

And of course, that means Chadat gets. . .

Branch

"Carrot and stick, Chadat."

Mind-altering spells work better when you've got someone to lull the target into complacency. Chadat gets +2 to Deep Magic spells that target a character Urgdnebbot has rolled Composure against (non-combat only).

Watch the thread for logs.

• 2 weeks later...

Level!

Alignment: Weird Honor

HP: 26

Banked: 0

Composure: 6 (+1)

Deep Magic: 4 (+1)

Melee(Swords): 6

Dance(Acrobatics)(Free Slot) - Urgdnebbot twists, contorts, and tumbles her way past an enemy's defenses allowing for an unarmed attack, grapple, or maneuvering.

Unsettle(Composure)(Free Slot) - Urgdnebbot uses her unnerving nature to make anyone conversing with her nervous and off-balance, and inspire fear in any combat opponent.

Contempt(Deep Magic) - Urgdnebbot floods the targets' mind with the impression of their own inferiority, stunning them or compelling them to attack themselves.

Meditation(Deep Magic) - Urgdnebbot falls into a deep trance that allows her to wander around the surrounding area as an incorporeal, invisible spirit, but still capable of sight, hearing, and faint speech. Wandering too far risks becoming lost.

Wall of Thorns(Swords) - Urgdnebbot forgoes a direct attack this round, and instead retaliates against any enemy attacking her, riposting or at least parrying their attacks.

Disarm(Swords) - Urgdnebbot cunningly manipulates her blade to rip her opponents' weapon from their hands. Or maybe she just maims their hand. Who knows?

Neat Bifurcation(Swords) - Urgdnebbot focuses her entire being into a single slash, dealing massive damage to a single enemy or closely grouped cluster of enemies. She gives no regard to defense to do this, and is open to counterattacks on failure.

Fine, Slender Blade

2X Empire Blade (Unmarked)

Simple Clothes

10 Gold

Belt of rags and beads

Urgdnebbot was born to a goblin tribe in the cave near Cotra. She never grew to know her tribe beyond the vaguest memories, though, as they were wiped out by a group of adventurers almost before she could walk. Their leader, a paladin, saw him stumbling through the caves, crying for his mother, and couldn't find the heart to kill her or leave her to die.

So she brought the toddling goblin back to the city with her, where she used her status and wealth as a successful adventurer to protect and provide for her adoptive daughter, training her to be both skilled and civilized. Urgdnebbot embraced - and perhaps even improved upon - her mother's powerful sense of honor, though she never accepted her gods. Instead, her position in the society of Avernum led him to lengthy wanderings through his own mind and the minds of others, growing to understand them in ways that few others ever could. But where she truly excelled under the paladin's tutelage was in martial training - she became an artist with a blade, mastering all aspects of combat, martial and philosophical. Physically fit though not physically imposing, it is through her skill with a sword that she keeps herself alive and to which she devotes her life.

Her mother died, eventually, as adventurers are wont to do, and her protection disappeared. Eloquent and proud, she was not officially sentenced to death, though more than a few tried to take the matter into their own hands. Instead, she was sent to the Abyss, with the secret hope that she would die there, or at least never return.

Of course, she did not. She begged in Bargha for a long while, until the rumors her martial prowess reached the right people. The Abyss has no shortage of people that simply don't care, and some of them simply didn't care that Urgdnebbot was a goblin, so long as she could fight. She survived in a more comfortable manner from then on, with a small home and some gold.

She had learned of the Empire, of course, and knew of their stance towards non-humans. She had kept herself free of ties that would have left her honor-bound to the dishonorable denizens of the Abyss, and so felt no shame when she fled to the west, away from those would would seek not only her death, but the genocide of her entire race.

I'll refrain from including a full character sheet this time, since I don't think I've picked up anything of real note (or anything at all?).

Anyway: Ding. HP/ST levels are as I have them down, but may be wrong.

Click to reveal..

HP: 8/16

ST: 2/10

Life Mg: 8 (+1)

Composure: 4

Arcana: 3

Streetwise: 3

Melee: 3

Banked: 5

Click to reveal..
Character:

HP 10/10
STM 10/10
SP 5/5

Alchemy: 5 (+2)
Arcana: 2
Material Magic: 8
Stealth: 3
Stored Points: 2 (+1)

Spells:

Inventory:
2x Energy Potion

Unsurprisingly, I'm taking the opportunity to increase my martial skills immediately before the boss fight. tongue

Alignment: Weird Honor

HP: 28 (+2)

Banked: 3 (+3)

Composure: 6

Deep Magic: 4

Melee(Swords): 7 (+1)

Meditation(Deep Magic) - Urgdnebbot falls into a deep trance that allows her to wander around the surrounding area as an incorporeal, invisible spirit, but still capable of sight, hearing, and faint speech. Wandering too far risks becoming lost.

Cripple(Swords) - Urgdnebbot aims for the tendons or muscles of an enemy, hoping to cripple them or otherwise impair their ability to fight.

Fine, Slender Blade

2X Empire Blade (Unmarked)

Simple Clothes

10 Gold

Belt of rags and beads

aaand it's another level up

Click to reveal..

Name: Chadat Eye

Race: Gazer

Alignment: Smug

HP: 8/10

Stm: 4/10

Spd: 5

Force Magic: 8

Deep Magic: 7

Nature: 4

Perception: 3

Arcana: 1

Stealth: 1

oh and a new, horrifying spell too (already approved)

Click to reveal..
Enthralling Gaze (Deep, 1 STM): Fires a ray that temporarily strips away a target's willpower and suppresses conscious thought. Enthralled targets are unresponsive to their surroundings and if left to their own devices will generally either sit motionless or wander aimlessly, although they may instinctively flee or defend themselves if attacked. They will follow most commands issued by the caster to the best of their ability, but directly and immediately self-destructive commands, or commands that go against the target's most deeply-held principles, will grant an extra saving throw to attempt to break the enthrallment. This spell is more likely to be effective on targets that have already been struck by Confusion Ray.

Well, it appears that once again Nioca's character and my character are destined to fight each other. It's fortunate that they haven't come to blows yet, as Marra would just skip the slapping stage and go straight for the coup de grace. tongue

Click to reveal.. (Marra)

HP: 21/23

STM: 9/10

Stealth: 6

Missile (Bows): 5 [+1]

First Aid: 4

Melee (Shortswords): 4 [+1]

Banked Points: 1

You know, if the intra- and extra-party fighting continues like this, we're looking at an entirely new set of characters inside of three sessions. tongue

Originally Posted By: B.J.Earles
It's fortunate that they haven't come to blows yet, as Marra would just skip the slapping stage and go straight for the coup de grace.

You could try. I don't foresee such an attempt ending well for Marra, though. tongue

(Also, congrats on the big 200)

Click to reveal.. (Yemirrr, XP-82)
Yemirrr

Unfettered Male Nephilim Raider

Physical Description: Dark fur, large muscles, dark-colored eyes. Has tattered ears and a large scar from his left shoulder to his chest. Wearing ratskin pants and a small, tribal-reminiscent necklace. (If you've played BoA and seen the 5th nephil portrait, it'll give you a pretty good idea. Except with pants.)

26/31 HP [+2] / 8/10 STM

18 DEF / 13 WIL

5 SPD / 02/82 XP

Melee (Axes) - 8 [+1]

Magic (Force) - 3

Athletics – 5

Perception - 4

Thievery – 3

Stealth - 2

Acrobatics - 1

Click to reveal.. (AXE TECHNIQUES (5))
BLITZ BARRAGE (1STM) – Unleashes a devastating and lightning-quick barrage of blows onto a target, doing elevated damage and either penalizing or outright stunning the victim for 1 round.

GRAPPLE BREAKER (1STM) - Counter-attacks an opponent that has grappled the character, adding the character's Melee skill and bonuses to their save versus the grapple. If successful in breaking the grapple, the opponent will take damage.

UNSTOPPABLE RAGE (1PD) – Goes into a berserk rage. All attacks gain a notable bonus to hit and do extra damage, at the cost of defense. The effects last until the end of the current battle.

WIDE CLEAVE (1STM) – As a full-round action, winds up and performs a massive cleaving attack, striking up to four adjacent enemies in one hit. Each additional enemy targeted inflicts a -1 penalty to-hit.

SHATTER STRIKE – As a full-round action, delivers a savage strike against an enemy, targeted to harm both the enemy and a specified item; a successful hit will, depending on the targeted item and strength of hit, either damage the item (reducing its effectiveness) or destroy it beyond usability (although not necessarily beyond repair). Magical items are far more resistant to the sundering effect. This technique can also be used outside of combat to provide a bonus to breaking an inanimate object when using the appropriate weapon type.

Click to reveal.. (FORCE MAGIC (3))
CHILL – Hits the target object with a burst of cold.

IMPULSE – Creates a short-range pulse of force. Does minimal damage as an attack, but is capable of throwing, knocking back, or deflecting enemies and objects. Additional stamina can increase the power of the force pulse or spread it out into a small cone of effect.

DISPERSION – Creates a temporary shield around the target tuned to a specific element or form of energy (heat, electricity, cold, etc.), deflecting and dispersing it into the recipient's surroundings. This reduces its damage/effects while also potentially dumping it into nearby creatures or objects. Stronger castings can disperse greater amounts of energy, and multiple energy types can be shielded against at 1STM per additional type.

Click to reveal.. (INVENTORY)
Ratskin Pants – Pants stitched together from ratskins. There's a few pockets for storing things.

Fine Steel Helmet – A sturdy steel helmet looted off of an Empire Captain.

Round Shield – A non-encumbering round shield. Protects one from blows.

Battle Axe – A nasty-looking steel battle axe that Yemirrr wields one-handed.

Bone Necklace – A necklace made of rat bones.

Pack – A slightly-frayed pack that was looted off of an adventurer.

PACK

Dried Meat x6 – Portions of dried lizard meat.

Bread x5 – Loaves of bread.

Healing Potion – Restores missing HP.

Potion of Battle – Provides a boost to accuracy and defense for a short time.

Industrial Axe - A heavy axe meant for industrial use.

Empire Sword x6 – A fine imperial steel blade. It's marked as an Empire weapon.

Knife – A small tool knife.

Gold Pieces x20 - Currency. Yemirrr does not see the allure in it.

Demonology Scrolls - Scrolls on demonology. Someone more knowledgeable needs to examine them to learn more.

• 2 weeks later...