Avadon random crashing

The Draco

Originally Posted By: Hairhunter
Well, I'd just go out on a limb and assume
Originally Posted By: The Draco
Vista
is the problem, but since we can't do much about that, are there any other programs open when you play that could interfere?

Nope no other program running

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
game doesn't "say" why it crashes?

no anything on vista's event log?

I don't get an error message or anything. The game literally disappears. I'm not sure where to find the vista event log.

Originally Posted By: yarrmateys
ftp://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/win/AvadonDX.zip

does it happen with this version too, or just the original opengl one? as far as i know some of the radeon graphic card series have iffy opengl support, so it could be related.

I bought the game on steam, is it possible to use the direct x version through steam?

well, the troubleshooting page says:

Quote:
Occasionally, the versions of Avadon being sold on 3rd party sites (like Steam and GamersGate) for Windows do not work correctly. This can be because of a system incompatibility with their software or problems running OpenGL.

Should you purchase the game from Steam/Direct2Drive/GamersGate and find that it does not work correctly, take the following steps.

1. Download the demo from our site and run it. If it works, skip to step 3.

2. Download the DirectX version of the game here. Move it into Program Files/Spiderweb Software/Avadon and run it. If it works, go to step 3.

3. Should our version of the game function, write us at support@spiderwebsoftware.com requesting an Avadon key. Give us the any registration key that was provided to you. We will get you up and running.

4. If you are still having problems, contact us at support@spiderwebsoftware.com.

We apologize for the difficulty and inconvenience, and we'll do what we can to get you up and running.