Murkwood?[G5]

Trenton.

I am a level 12 shaper(lifecrafter) and I recently registered the game. I met with shaper astori-whatsit whaterver in Mera, and got the mission to find the people who is constantly trying to attempt murder her. Any direction anybody can point me in? It is not shown on the map as a town. but most importantly

MOST IMPORTANTLY

I am freaked out by the unbound. I heard that they are the biggest and strongest creations known to man. I also have heard that there are some in Mera-Tev. Should I be weary of them while searching for this area?

Originally Posted By: Trenton
Any direction anybody can point me in? It is not shown on the map as a town.

Just explore Murkwood and talk to (or just kill) the bandits you encounter. You'll uncover the evidence Astoria wants eventually. (Be sure to get the quest from Captain Herszen about Bennhold and talk to the Murkwood bandits about him, too.)

There are lots of unbound in this region, but none in the Murkwood zone. You'll have plenty of warning when you are near one or more unbound, and be able to explore around them or in the case of Gorash-Kel, know to retreat and explore the zone later.

Dikiyoba.

Found the information in a bin behind a suicidal assasin. She gave me quest to go to the town that the attempted-assassin came from. Way down at the bottom of main map. No unbound that way? Cause I don't think I could take even one down with seven Kyshakk's. Atleast I think. What is the average level Someone could take one down?

That depends upon your character and your playing style, I think. It is likely you will not be able to cope with the Unbound until after you have reached the lower map, so avoid them for now (i.e. run away when one approaches).

Edit: I'm not saying it's not possible to beat them when you first encounter, just unnecessary. They are tough, but not unbeatable. But the game works perfectly fine if you avoid them to start with and then come back later.

Am in the strange crystal place next to the town that borders Mera-tev with something else. The one that is restricted to go in and sealed off. I am trapped in a room that constantly brings my health down with fire, and almost killed me with a pack of roamers. There is two control boxes and a switch here. How do I get out?

I have talked to him. He told me to wait in the small gest quarters. I have currently, two Kyshakks, a battle alpha, and a ghlakk, so I took out the pesky drakon and serviles easily. Once I finish though, I find out the ghaldring won't let anyone in. I tried checking out the back areas and always get caught. Is there anyother way back there?

Finished that. Need help with something else. There is a zone next to town that seperates Mera-tev from the other province. In this zone is a Gazer. He trapped me in his lair and now I need To find him I guess. I Am trying to find a way through to where ever he is hiding. There is nothing in the breeding pools of worms to the north-west except for a witherd Un-bound one. To the west is a pack of Frost bitten worms. I can't damage them with magic spells (Aka. My favorite: Kill, or lighting rain.) Nor the fire ice and poison spells. And when they are damaged they only get 2-4 points of damage. Behind them is the only passage left. How do I get through?

http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=148156&post=148156

This will be your best friend.

Kill the worms with physical damage. You don't need to go there yet (or ever, really) by the way. Good luck with the gazer. That's a really tough fight if you don't know what you're doing, and it's still moderately tough if you do.

If you don't have a good source of physical damage in your own party for dealing with the worms, charming a few of them is very effective.

Fortunately, you don't have to kill the gazer to escape: killing the mind-controlled human nets you a key that you can use to go back the way you came.

Killed the worms without too much dificulty. However I can't kill the Eye-beast. I am flanked by a Kyshakk, and three wingbolts. He keeps on Dazing my creations and when I put up a mind barrier he still manages to break them. Moving on to Dera reaches I did. finished the work for general alwan so was able to get his signature without a problem. What the problem was was the fight in the area under storm hold. Three paths their were. A shaper, three-two warriers, and two thorn flingers. Three packs of mostly roghoroths or whatever those undead creations from hell are called. Unfortunately one of them was tottaly wiped out. The middle one only the shaper and a thorn flinger lived. On the right side no casualties *Maybe I should learn to place my creations better...* I am just wondering. I shall probobly be passing through this area often. Will their be any other raids? And will they replace the guards? I don't think I can handle that again.

The Perikalia Orchards are a one time event. However there will be other rogue creation fights elsewhere.

The eyebeast is especially nasty and Delicious Vlish was one of the very few who was able to defeat it early in the game when he got bored during beta testing.

Saw he was popular in 2008 while checking all the threads back then. Not here anymore? shame. Anywho, next business. I have not given up on shaper, I am just taking a break. I think I can get through Trakovite easily enough, and I like the idea. I started a new game and gave all the rebel choices to all the peeps. So I got a tip from a certain source in mera-tev. Sneaking around the unbound is uneasy, and in this save I can't take one out. I ak unable to find the person who shall tell me more and where to find them

Any ideas where I might look.

And the Un-Bound just pop up every, like, 30 seconds. I have to be very careful. Please tell me its safe?

The eyebeast is rough early but he's not TOO terrible, especially if you prepare.

The key is to use EVERYTHING in your arsenal.

Start with buffs.

Regen aura, because mindshield won't be enough anyways.

If you don't have essense blade (probably not if it's early), chaos spores work-ish.

Shield, haste, bless... keep these up through spores if you have 'em.

You want to force the gazer into melee in a corner. Proceed to use wrack, vlish for curse, essence shackles if you have it(again, probably not). You might need to use ensnaring fibers or a wand of slow, if you're taking him early.

wands of acid are great for dealing with the turrets, alternate between that, wand of flame/fire crystal, poison crystals, and healing your creations.

This strategy allowed me to enter storm plains via Lermans before doing Stoneworks, and pick up some phat lewt in the process.