Serious problems with clicking around and the Quick Spell buttons

newav1

Hi. The problems below concern Avadon.

I have been experiencing serious problems clicking around the game. Any clicking done whatsoever is unresponsive most of the time, forcing me to click sometimes up to three times to make an action of any sort. This is the only game with this problem I have played, and this problem is not extended to the operating system.

I have also had serious problems with assigning the Quick Spell buttons. For example, I assigned one character's "Savage Blow" to the first slot. Then, for the second slot, I attempted to assign another character's "Disarming Blow". The game then puts "Disarming Blow" in both the first and second slots. I can try to add other spells, and no matter what character they come from, or what spell they are, the Quick Spell buttons simply do not save correctly, and they are (the Quick Spell buttons) nearly useless because of this problem.

I expect I am not the only one experiencing both of these serious problems. Any hope for a patch, or has this game been abandoned? The Steam update history is blank.

Please help and comment. Thank you.

Jeff is pretty good about fixing major bugs, although his turnaround time is slow. But since I've never heard of this bug showing up before, it might just be you.

First thing: try deleting the game and reinstalling, and see if that helps. If not, more information would help. What are your computer's specs? What operating system are you running? What mouse are you using?

—Alorael, who hasn't heard of this problem coming up before and thus doesn't have any immediate repair ideas unless you have unusual hardware or some file got corrupted and the reinstall fixes it.

The Quick Spells issue has been resolved. I didn't realize that they could be set per character. I thought it was for the entire party.

If I uninstall and reinstall, is there a way for me to keep my quick save? I use Steam.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz Dual-Core), ATI Radeon HD 2600XT (256 MB), 2 GB of RAM. The mouse is a standard optical Logitech mouse. Windows XP SP3. This is the first time I've experienced this problem. Nothing similar happens with other games or within the operating system. This problem has been present from the very first time I began playing Avadon.

When you perform general clicking actions in the game (outside of the main menu), do you single click or double click? For example, to move the party, or to attack an enemy.

Originally Posted By: newav1
If I uninstall and reinstall, is there a way for me to keep my quick save? I use Steam.
I wouldn't know about using Steam, but in Windows, the saved games are located in "(My) Documents\Spiderweb Software\Avadon saved Games." If I'm not mistaken, the quicksave slot is in folder "Save18"; just save it to another folder before uninstalling. This also applies to the other save slots in the folder.