A6 Resoulution?

Trenton.

I Tried to play Avernum 6, and a message popped up, and it wont go away, along with the game itself, it just keeps popping up and I can click on nothing else. Eventually, after each time, I have to restart the computer. I also uninstalled and reinstalled. It says something about "Screen resoulution unset-You will see nothing", but My screen reasolution say's this: 1024 by 768 pixels. Is there a solution? Heres the message

Screen Dimensions Not Specified, You will not see anything

KGraphicGL::SetScreenSizeNotCalled!

OS X is the short name for Mac OS X. You're using Windows, right? Your graphics card, or video card, is a piece of hardware in some computers that helps turn instructions into what's displayed on the screen, basically. Sometimes they cause problems between the computer and the monitor.

It looks to me like you somehow have A6 set to open with a default resolution, which isn't any resolution. I'd imagine that would be fixed by deleting the preferences, wherever they're stored by Windows. Does uninstall cover that? It won't on a Mac.

—Alorael, who thinks it would also help to know if you did anything at all to the settings of the computer or the game between when it worked and when it stopped working.

Well I go windows, I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, and lets see. Before when it worked, There was always a box that popped up to see what kind of resolution it took. Some time later, after a bunch of resolution changes over the year by my fathers friends brother, I wasn't able to click the ok button after I click "Always change". The whole box was to big for the screen. Now the box of options wont start up at all!

Since you have Windows, try Alorael's suggestion of deleting the preferences file (Avernum6Settings.dat; make sure to create a backup copy of this file, just in case), and starting Avernum 6. It may also help to change the screen resolution manually if the dialog box doesn't fit the screen.

Another possibility is that you have a corrupt download; in this case, you'll need to redownload the file, and reinstall.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
that error msg hinted to mac osx so that's why I asked avout osx-version.

What part of "KGraphicGL::SetScreenSizeNotCalled!" suggests Mac?

—Alorael, who now isn't sure. Is the preference file uninstalled with the game? If so, that's not the issue since uninstalling didn't resolve it.